Running Information Forums
10K Training Program Question - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: 10K Training Program Question (/Thread-10K-Training-Program-Question)

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 30-08-2010

more like natural ability

but thanks anyway

:laugh:

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 31-08-2010

TheEd,

Headed out for the 1hr Easy at lunch. Used a mixed terrian and woods run to ease things. Was a bit hilly. Had another late night get to sleep this morning - really annoying. Felt the run might help calm me down for tonight. Will see.

Report:

10km/55:53/HRAvg 130-35bpm

Hrate was up and struggled to keep down so not fully recovered from weekend. Might do an 30 mins waddle tomorrow if get a sound nights sleep. As for the 3x5mins, might try for Thursday.

There is race on Sunday - 10km...depending on how rest of week goes might go celebrate by turning up and waddling round to see where I'm at...what say you?

Speak soon,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 01-09-2010

sounds good for the weekend run and good to have a feel of lightness emerge in your post

nice to see

onwards and forwards

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 02-09-2010

TheEd,

Still struggling with the early head-downs for sleep (12:30am last three nights) although sleeping well, just not getting enough, approx 6.5-7hours. Weird because I seem to be like a steam-roller at work all day with no dips!!!

However if I can improve the rest, my recovery for the running should improve even more!

DId the 3x5mins today, 3rd one was tough. Misplace foot pod so no pace, however were hitting the 1km mark in 4:00, 4:05 and then 4:10. The loop used is the work loop with 150m climb so pleased with times. Had to dig deep for the 3rd and hit top HR around 172bpm.

Need to rest now if racing on Sunday....will see how feel. If I do race Sunday, should I be taking a week off next week or starting a new 19-day cycle Tues? Or is it case of see how feel?

Might do a 30mins waddle tomorrow, will see how well recovered from today,

Cheers 4 now,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 02-09-2010

you can look to start next Tuesday and then play it by ear from there

your pace still seems to be pretty solid

Cheers

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 05-09-2010

TheEd,

Hope you had a good w.end.

Didnt do the race today as have had a little upset stomach for last 48 hours, nothing serious just mildly offputting so scratched the race and rested Fri/Sat instead to combat - thinks its a little to do with doing too many chores in the evening in the week, need to improve relax time in evenings, am aware and working on it.

I called not runing the race last thing this morning after a lay-in, much needed was extra sleep - better now so all good.

Did some DIY y/day and had a date(!) today so took it easy! Got on the mountain bike offroad this eve as havnt done so for a while and have a 45miler next Sunday. Did 16Km this eve in about 40 mins, breezed it.

Feeling all good for starting the next cycle on Tues - can feel a nice little routine starting to kick in now, so steady improvements are on the horizon. :yes:

Seeing as I missed todays race, should I try and book another over the next few weeks or wait till the end of the next cycle - there is one which I am going to book - maybe leave it till then? It would be good to start hitting full reps and distances during the cycle I feel - onwards and upwards! :jive:

OK, thats all for now coach, catch up soon, and best wishes to you for the coming week!

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 06-09-2010

good to hear everything is settling and that you are planning future race prospects

onwards and forwards

2k Thursday Wink ..

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 07-09-2010

Hey TheEd,

OK where are we? Had a blip Sunday night...v.late night, could not sleep. Only got 3 hours into Mon morn - had to get up, pumber visit then hit DIY.

Tired but OK, weird. Decent 8 hours last night, only to wake up with migraine :mad: but amazingly it cleared at work.

Amazing recovery all day, wasn't in fit shape at lunch so got out this evening for 75 mins easy pace. Was broken up after half way with some walk/trot.

Not sure of distance prob 13-14Km as have misplaced Foot Pod - this is a major upset, really annoying me :duh: - cant think where it is, have back tracked previous sessions. Is going to mess up my realtime pace monitoring from now until it turns up - ho hum.

Missing the foot pod however might help me get the feel for the right/different paces better now after all this time - good thing maybe coach?

Right then, 30 mins waddle tomorrow - and all focus/eyes on Thursdays 2km's. Aiming to do the x5. Will successfully hit all the prescribed distances/reps on this cycle coach...no deviation! I will succeed....:jive:

Cheers,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 08-09-2010

well you were getting the hang of being in control of your pace so for now the no foot pad should cement your judgement of easy running

when you get to the 2k and 1k work you should be on top of your game

onwards and forwards

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 08-09-2010

Another blip last night I'm afraid - must be the mid-eve run - way to wide awake even at 2am. Prob only got 2-3 hours sleep...:duh:

In the end got up early and went to work inside out! Had an alright day, just have to reel it in tonight.

On the plus side the Foot Pod turned up - that made me very happy this morning on the way to work!

Didnt get the 30mins waddle in today, might do tomorrow and do the 2km's on Friday?

Forgot to mention - have a 45 mile easy/medium mountain bike marathon on Sunday...so might have to a short recovery run on Sat if do the 2kms on Friday...got to sort this not getting of to sleep business out. Need to be more disciplined about unwinding at the right time.

Catch up soon,

D