Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 29-04-2013

Hi Ed,
thanks for getting back to me..No problem about asking about breathing the 02 it was only a thought please dont go to any trouble on my account,ive got one more week to push then go home for a few months so lots of time to recover and dare i say it do some races,thanks again and regards jon.Smile

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 17-05-2013

Hi Ed
just wanted to say i am going home after 9 weeks away..ready to hit it hard as i want to race june 16TH i will go on cycle monday but have a blast today hard fartlek to get the feel good factor back...speak soon regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 19-05-2013

how did the fartlek go? for the future, if uncertain, consider a 4k time-trial to set a marker, then we know where to start with your pace for the 2k and 1k sessions .. could still consider doing this on Tuesday and then Thursday doing the session

what say you

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 21-05-2013

Hi Ed,
hows it going??? just read your post thanks i should have really done a time trial but in truth i am scared of the harsh truth so i suppose ive weened myself in to speed work by doing fartlek and hill reps.Whats going on in my mind is how to get fit quick for my race in 4 weeks time.I will only have 4 weeks to train so i figured ive got to do as much quality as possible to try and get myself somewhere near to running well.After this race i will be back to work but have a good treadmill so i can maintain a better program..So to that end shall i say on thursday i give a 4k a blast and take it on the chin as i know ive lost speed etc.speak soon and regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 24-05-2013

Hi Ed
just a short message really under the weather so ill go easy a day or two not the staet i hoped for but its life i suppose regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 24-05-2013

you need to ease back into training

hope you recover well and soon

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 09-06-2013

Hi ed,
just to let you know i did the 4k time trial not good but least an honest bench mark of 14.56 i can blame the heat and use a bag off excuses but the truth is ive lost my fitness.I
think the sub 40 training is probley right at this point regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 09-06-2013

yes, but at least you have a marker and should now adhere to be sensible ..

hear me on this when I say, train at level in line with this 4k trial and in 3 weeks you should be able to race 5 to 10 seconds per k quicker .. just keep it simple .. will pop this answer onto the forums

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 10-06-2013

Thanks Ed,
will keep to the program and take it on the chin on Sunday a no pressure race regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 11-06-2013

Hi Ed,
just to let you know I was up bright and early to do the 1k reps which worked out ok apart from the first two in fairness had a story behind them the Thai marines where out training early door also so a bit off friendly male who was boss crept in. I know its wrong but lead to running quicker reps which is not what the session was...doh.
3.34 1
3.39 2
3.49 3
3.45 4
3.44 5
3.42 6

I kept the recovery at 90 seconds after been silly on the first two and will run 4.30 per k tomorrow as you told me to do. Would Thursday be a rest Friday 6x1 min sat 30 mins and Sunday race...Think I better start the race around the 4mins per k mark as I wont get away with anything any quicker speak soon and regards jon.:mmm: