Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 09-08-2013

great stuff Jon, I can't believe how quickly the time has gone .. I am sure it felt longer for you

great to read you in a good space as well

all the best

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 15-08-2013

Hi Ed,
just wanted to say ive just got back to the land of the living I went out for an hours easy which felt great to be honest very relaxed and easy. I will do the 4k time trial before the weeks out maybe Saturday morning would be good and check how the fitness is.. so a few easy runs to get me back into it then see what happens planning to race 15th of September as I mentioned before but now I have 4 weeks or so to get ready so onwards and upwards..regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 16-08-2013

welcome back to land and may this period be sweet and successful

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 18-08-2013

Hi Ed,
thanks for your last just wanted to report a little old time trial tempo run I started out nice and steady and increased the pace as I went on. I thought it best as I've only done 2 easy run in 8 weeks so I put my best foot forward to gain a time.14.57 I am pleased to say which means I've lost nothing at all by not running for two months so very happy about that. I plan an easy run tomorrow and start the cycle to race in 26 days time. To add to the good spirit of it all I should be able to train for the next year or so on a treadmill at work so no more gaps its all good and exciting times ahead ps..not forgotten about our little chat about a donation just haven't had a minute since I got back with wifey daughter family etc. speak soon and regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 20-08-2013

Hi Ed,
Just wanted to ask what you think about the pace for my 2k reps going off Sundays effort tempo run-time trial I think 14.57 was ok and I recon 3.40 per k for the 2k reps would be good and say 3.30 for the 1k reps .I didn't do the 4k flat out so there was more in there if need be. But gave me a fair idea what's going on. So I will start the cycle tomorrow after an easy run today thanks and regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 20-08-2013

sounds like a good idea .. though keep in mind to build on positivity

so consider the first 2k in 3.45 per k and then pick up after that to 3.40

and if you still feeling strong on the last 1k of the last 2k then pick up to 3.35

TheEd
ps.. do note, this is a tough session even if you think it is a slower session

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 21-08-2013

Thanks Ed
will let you know how i get on will start at 3.45 and try and flow speak soon regards jon

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 22-08-2013

Hi Ed,
just to keep you posted I ran the 2k reps this morning as planed 3.45 per 1k and went on from there I felt very tight in the hamstrings and glutes this morning so bordered caution as 20 mins warm up and stretching did little for me. So the 2k reps went like this 1=7.30 2=7.31 3=7.25 then I quit as I was not liking it at all for more reason then one..so I've got some work to do and keep things ticking along not dishearten in anyway about this its a nice build up to hopefully some good times this coming January February so over and out its rest day tomorrow..Wink

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 22-08-2013

Hi Jon, the first session is normally quite tough, so don't be disheartened

come the 1k session on Tuesday you should feel better however do them at 3.45 per k

no need to go quicker

then we take it from there

all the best

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 22-08-2013

Hi Ed
thanks no stress quite happy really will do the 1k at 3.45 its only a small piece of whats to come so happy to plod on and enjoy the ride 8 week away from running makes you happy just to put a pair of shoes on in a morning onwards and forwards sir.