Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 02-10-2013

here's hoping it all clears up

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 03-10-2013

Hi Ed,
just wanted to say thanks for the well wishes hopefully be ok but ive aired caution and stoped running for two days,its not a bad thing really as i feel quite tired anyway.So hopefully i can get back on the horse tomorrow and run an easy 40 mins.ive only got another 13 days on hear anyway so i can get some treatment if need be,my friend surgest i have some notted tissue which i am trying to free up with stretching self massage and antiinflamotory gel.So hopefully things will be ok in the morning speak soon and regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 07-10-2013

Hi Ed,
just wanted to update you on how things are going..Ive managed to get myself running ok again pain free and relaxed.I would like to start my 3rd cycle on Wednesday to line me up for the race on the 27th.I would say last week was an easy week with added rest and easy runs which cant be a bad thing.I feel fresh and ready to go so the easy week has been good.Looking forward to getting off of here next week i might add so thats all for now regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 07-10-2013

place Day 3 on Thursday and then we change the last few days before the race

so what session will you do this Thursday?

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 09-10-2013

Hi Ed,
thanks for your post i think 5x1 mile reps @ say 5.40 per mile would be good on Thursday or Friday would be good as i ran 20 warm up yes today with 20 mins at 10mph yes today was hot and left me a bit dehydrated today so just reading your post will juggle things around a bit trying to say flexible until i get home next week..feeling a bit tired of my surroundings and need to breath so good country air speak soon regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 09-10-2013

not long to go .. enjoy

Big Grin

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 10-10-2013

Hi Ed,
Ive managed to slip the noose a few days early so to kick off my holidays i thought it would be great to race on Sunday 12k so i rested today go home in the morning and do 30 mins plus 6x1 min in the evening rest Saturday and go for it Sunday..Will still race on the 27th so good to give my self a test no pressure just land lubber fun i would say all for now me hartys.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 13-10-2013

Hi Ed,
just wanted to update you on this mornings run. I ran the 12k as mentioned and kept a nice steady pace the whole distance 3.45-3.50 the whole distance felt good and comfortable going through 10k in 39.40 and finishing in 46 mins. I will race a gain on the 27th 10k and try a bit harder on my next outing think you will tell me to run weeks two and 3 off the cycle and go from there. Afterwards I've got 4 weeks on the treadmill then 4 months off to get myself in shape.so all good and over to you regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 13-10-2013

nice Jon .. especially to hear you satisfied with everything

week 2 and 3 as you plan, grand

onwards

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 13-10-2013

game on mr Ed sir i think a plan is hatching thanks again regards jon.