Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 03-01-2014

Hi Ed,
message received thanks again for a lengthy thread just wanted to say I did 6x1k this morning at 1.3.19
very pleased how its going cant wait to race next weekend regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 03-01-2014

good session .. enjoy your weekend Jon

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 04-01-2014

Hi Ed
thanks for your post will have a few easy runs over the weekend and get ready to race next weekend so plenty of rest now.just entred the 11.5k on the 26th so going to use next weeks race as a test run before the main event 40 mins would be a good time to shoot for regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 07-01-2014

Hi Ed
well things are going well cruised through the 400s this morning held back and didnt run any faster then was needed so looking good for sunday..thats all for now will let you
know how it goes regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 07-01-2014

this sounds good ... keep it on tap

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 08-01-2014

Hi Ed
thanks will have a extra rest day this week the hard works done feeling strong and
confident about the training i havent missed a beat so should be good regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 08-01-2014

great to hear Jon

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 10-01-2014

Hi Ed,
just wanted to type a few lines to give you feed back on this weeks training before I race Sunday. All has been going very until yesterday which I can only think was an affect from the 400meter reps Tuesday morning. I set out Wednesday to do an easy 10k which in fact became a 30 min jog I felt wiped out for some reason nothing there at all. This morning however was much better on the 30mins plus 6x1 min very strange the difference a day makes still its rest until Sunday now so should be good. But I've got an feeling I want to jog 30 mins in the morning my weight seems to have gone up this week for some reason so maybe too much rice has caused it. speak soon and regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 10-01-2014

enjoy the event Jon

record your weight for such occasions Wink

TheEd
ps.. sometimes the athlete runs the 400m too quick .. in essence it is meant to be at 3k pace or 10 seconds per k quicker than the 5k pace, it is very easy to run too quick, which can cause problems

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 10-01-2014

HI Ed,
i ran my 400s at 77_78 per rep so dont think i over cooked it this time around.looking forward to sunday as its not a race with the watch so no pressure.i would like to hit the 2k reps next week around 6.50-7mins and slowly creep forward with the 1k reps also.looking to be off work until mid april now so want to push on and take a break when i go back to work..ie off period and build up.i feel a lot happier about what i am doing now as i have a fuller understanding how the program works..so until sunday ill bid you a great weekend regards jon.