Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 14-01-2014

Hi Ed
will stick to 3.20 per k then only one glitch i will have to do this session friday as i will be
busy thursday..visa issues.so the pace run monday?cant really see any other option at this point.ps was 3.30 seconds faster than when i ran the same race six months ago..all for now regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 14-01-2014

the idea with this session is to put in some intervals without looking to overtax the body, you want to stimulate the training sufficiently without going into too much fatigue .. so no need to run faster Smile

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 14-01-2014

Thanks Ed
must admit the recovery has took a bit longer looking at the 75 min run in the morning its took two days 3 hot baths a oil massage and alot of food to get myself together so its a welcome relief i dont need to go to hard.As for the bike training not 100 percent about it the 10k racings coming on so why spoil it.speak soon jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 15-01-2014

recovery can often be forgotten when feeling great after an event

Big Grin

onwards

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 16-01-2014

Hi Ed
i hear you on the recovery i did the 75mins and 40 easy this morning think i need a rest
day its taking longer than expected to recover.so looks like only one speed session this
week what would you advise pace. run or intervals regards jon

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 16-01-2014

you can still do that session

2 x 2 and 4 x 1k mentioned

put it on Friday or Saturday if a little fatigue still hovering

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 17-01-2014

Hi Ed
will be a lovely day of rest today and hit the hard work over the weekend must be getting old the recovery has been slow but thats the way it goes i guess regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 17-01-2014

then consider only doing a paced run tomorrow

rather recover than putting yourself further back before next week

TheEd
ps.. a greater aerobic base and the maintenance of that, makes recovery easier, something for the future. Remember, don't rush the natural path

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 17-01-2014

Thanks Ed
and all points taken onboard will shoot for 18 mins then start to speed up hopefully to hit 17.30mins think i need some longer runs to help me out regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 18-01-2014

Hi Ed,
just wanted to post a time for the pace run this morning..18.17 so as you can imagine less then impressed with myself I started slow and maintained it the whole time :duh:i think its down to fatigue so wont worry too much really didn't feel good on the warm up so I got what I expected really. So shall we say 1 hour easy tomorrow and then on to race week with the 400s etc. speak soon and regards jon.