Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 23-02-2014

Hi Ed,
managed to get on my pc to do the typing as usually I cant log on. Well its the day after the race and yes I am sore again so I guess I know what to do. I think the rest and a bit of time off as first planned is the only way to finish this problem. My motivations not great also knowing ill be at sea for the next 3-4 weeks so all in all going to take it easy and go from there sound like a plan??regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 24-02-2014

take things easy and work on the positive vibes

onwards

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 25-02-2014

Hi Ed
yes keeping it easy for the next four weeks is what i have too do the time will pass and hopefully wont loose too much.Just out of intrested how much fitness would i loose if i
cross train four the next three to four weeks hoping your going to say not much
regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 28-02-2014

Hi Ed,
just wanted to ask about the build up that follows this easy week. I've had a nice easy week this far keeping everything easy and recovered well from last Sundays race. I have no pain now so looking good to go forward regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 28-02-2014

consider running 1hr every 2nd day for the next week .. then at the end of the week consider 75 minutes to 90 .. keep pulse below 155 bpm

this way you working on the aerobic foundation

you won't lose the speed just like that, so don't panic

TheEd
ps.. run as easy as you like but do not venture over 155bpm

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 28-02-2014

Hi Ed
thanks for that will do just that easy running not above 155bpm.thanks and regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 10-03-2014

Hi Ed,
hope all is well with you just wanted to give you an update on the training. Last week was a very easy week for me I ran the Monday and rested up for 4 days before doing 1 hour on a cross trainer Saturday and Sunday at bpm 155 max. Today I will go out an keep it easy for 1 hour and wait to see what you say is best to do this week. I have time on my hands as I wont be working until around the 20th of march so easy money really. I plan to race a 10k on the 11th of may so that's all I have really as a plan for the coming months works going to dictate that to me .So all in all a busy time but not a problem as I have a gym and treadmill access when I go to work so can keep things going forward. Speak soon and regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 31-03-2014

Hi Ed
just wanted to say thanks for your help with my logging in issues..As you know ive gone back on cycle after a 3 week build up.Ive put some good distance in and feeling better on the long runs dispite a weight gain and lack of speed.The weather is very hot in thailand and the combo of gaining 4kg seems to be my pitfall at present.I would like to mention that ive been double running on days when i dont feel so tired.The long runs have been around 90mins and basic runs of 1 hour have been done also.AS for the double runs they have been 40 min recovery pace.I did the 1k reps today at 3.35 as my speed is poor and about all i can handle at present.To that end i figured i wait till the end of april before racing no rush and will enjoy the ride back to fitness all for now and great to be back online regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 01-04-2014

good to have you back Jon

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 04-04-2014

Hi Ed
Just a few lines to say i set out to run a 5k time trial this morning but due to been out of shape and stuggling i only ran 4k in 16.13 so ive slowed down like never before not sure whats going on with my body at present but not stressing over this theres plenty of good areobic miles been put in place so just need to plug away at it week by week.on the 21st i have to work for 3 to 4 weeks so not sure how i will train over this period..All in all its ok looking to race late june early july so all is ok speak soon and regards jon.