Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 02-07-2014

Thursday session could be

2 x 2k @ 10k race pace Rest 90 seconds

then

4 x 1k @ 10 seconds per k quicker than the 2k pace

don't look to run faster and start the 2k @ 3.30 to 3.35 per k

no quicker

the 1k's can be @ 3.20 per k

hold yourself back, let your body absorb the training

let's talk after the session

cheers

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 03-07-2014

Hi Ed,
Thankyou for your last post i had to settle for a slower paced attempt think i would have had to be really fresh to attempt a race pace session. So this is what i did 1.2k@7.37 90 recover
2.2k@7.35 90 recover
3x1k@3.38 3.40 3.35 1min recovery. And finished was very hot 30 and 81% humid by 6.30am so was quite pleased
Looking forward to hear your thoughs regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 04-07-2014

Hi Ed
Not a bad session yestoday as i was still a bit tired from racing last weekend.I went out and ran an easy 1hour 10 mins this morning at 140pbm on soft trails.Not sure which distance to race next weekend 5k or 12k..Think there are good benifits to both races really.Will wait until we have spoke and make up my mind from there and think about what training to do next week till then thanks and regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 04-07-2014

any distance is fine Jon

have fun and enjoy, you have got your result from your last race

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 07-07-2014

Hi Ed,
wanted to update on a few things the race I was going to do is now on the 20th July and is 12.5k so a bit longer to run. This week I plan to run 6x1k tomorrow at 3.15 to 3.20 per k as its been a while since I last did this session could really do with a long run Sunday as its been a while since I've done that also speak soon and regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 07-07-2014

you must try work to have the sessions from Day 3 to Day 8 in sequence, that is the true value in the program

it is balanced to get optimal results

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 07-07-2014

Hi Ed
As my last workout was 2x2k plus 3x1 k thursday think the 6x1 k fits quite well really as its difficult too fully commit to the exact program with work looming etc i follow the structure best i could really as last week was recovery and seen as the race is off figured this would work ok..pritty relaxed about it all anyway over and out.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 07-07-2014

good stuff Jon .. though the session from Thursday would be before an unimportant race, you pulled it towards running an event not this weekend but the next weekend

correct?

Smile

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 08-07-2014

Hi Ed
Yes this is correct trying hard to follow the program and bob and weave abit with the time i have left at home.Turns out there is a 5k and 12k this weekend that was ment to be on the 20th..Its all over the place but its tipical really off thailand.did 4x1k this morning 3.15 to 3.20 was a bit of a shock to the system..still will shock it again saturday with 12k lol speak soon and regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 08-07-2014

only easy running on the way to the weekend and the 6 x 1 min fast / slow is a safe session if done correctly

onwards

TheEd