Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 04-11-2014

Thanks ED,
floated around the 90 min run this morning which used to be a bit of an issue the long run things are getting better down 3kg also moving on in the right direction regards jon.Wink

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 04-11-2014

nice .. keep it steady . focus on recovery and have some decent sessions

onwards

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 04-11-2014

Thanks ED,
steady as we go and plenty of rest order of the day.: yes:

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 06-11-2014

Good Morning ED,
well what can I say things are moving on as you know I was facing the 5x2k this morning which I made an attempt. 1st rep 7.00 2nd 7.00 3rd 7.00 and then I bailed out. I want to think positive about this as last time my reps where around the 7.10 mark and again only 3. next time I will run them slower and try and get the full 5.But is quality worth more than quantity? Still a good session for me happy with that. I would also mention that I am following the sub 31 program with the times tailored to sub 35 10k.So in affect running the extra 10k runs on the evening and doing the hill work also. Really think things are happening feeling lighter and sharper cant say I've felt this way for quiet some time. So thanks again and speak soon jon..

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 06-11-2014

you better off doing 5 x 2k Rest 90 at 7.10 per k or 3.35 per k .. and then looking to run the last 2k quicker

pace judgement is important

this session's importance is doing the full 5 x 2k

stop looking for speed, instead let the natural ability come out

long run over weekend and then the 6 x 1k session

let it come naturally, do sessions according to what you should do, and the rest will follow

steady as we go

TheEd

Hi ED,
yes your right looking for too much speed and messed up the session I knew after the first one that I had set the bar pretty high felt ok for the first few if I was to do the 4th I would have lost some time. Next time out will be better 7.10 will be the mark I do the first 3 and try and hold it together. Think the 1k reps will go well will do 1hr easy Friday hill reps Saturday and long run Sunday. Will update again after the 1k reps thinking 3.20 will be the mark I go for and get 6 in speak soon and regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 06-11-2014

Jon .. to me you pushing out the boat to achieve something you not ready for .. you would be better and safer on the sub 33 minute program to start .. 7 minutes per 2k is 35 minutes 10k

you may start chasing your tail ... try to enjoy and feel good, by reaching so far, it can only lead to disappointment

on we go

TheEd

Hi ED,
Just to say i wanted to follow the structure not the actual times as seen yestoday i was struggling with 7 mins for the 2ks i will stay at the sub 35 program but just add the extra quality.I dont want to do myself a mischief by pushing the boat out too far.if i get a reaction to the extra quality i will back off lets see how it goes but thank you for your comments feel level headed about this and wont get to wrapped up in it.Its the structure that i was liking.over to you Ed.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 07-11-2014

Hi ED,
I know your right about this turned it all over in my head while out on an 1hr easy run this morning.Think i am fixing something that is not broken as you said keep it steady and roll through the program.If i had run the 5x2k at 7 mins then maybe yes time to nudge it up but that is not case so ill keep it rolling forward.The only thing that i have changed is to make all easy runs 1hr which i feel has instigated the weight loss.The other thing whats going through my mind is the important race is actually the 30th which is a 50/50 if i can make it.There for the cycle will end on the 23rd which lines me up for a local race but not really the one i am playing for.I think i know what your going to tell me to do hear but wanted to sound it out anyway.I think racing on the 23rd would leave me tired for the race that mattered one week later.So will play it by ear at the moment and keep things real with the program.Thanks again for the input regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 10-11-2014

Hi ED,
just a few lines about how things are going as you know I did the 3x2k and the 1hr easy next day I did the hill reps Saturday and the long run yesterday today will be 40 mins easy then on to the 1k reps 6x1k @ 3.15 to 3.20 probably a rest day after that. I think its going really well I feel really good with it all and the confidence is developing more happiness I suppose it comes had in hand really but things a looking good that's all for now regards jon.