Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 19-01-2013

Hi Jon, here's hoping things have eased by now

will you race tomorrow?

Cheers

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 20-01-2013

Hi ED,
the race i wanted to do is next weekend on the 27th not sure if i can get myself together for next Sunday.I can feel my toes again which is a start so hopefully the physio can work his magic Wednesday morning i will attempt a bike ride this morning just to keep me interested, Still these things come to test us speak soon regards Jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 22-01-2013

not good Jon .. though you shouldn't lose too much conditioning, so try to stay positive as you can still crank out a decent race

good luck

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 23-01-2013

Hi Ed,
just back from the pain factory looks like i will miss this weeks race after a painfull foot injection and told to keep off it a few days.Ive managed to mountain bike so least i can do some cross training,its been quite fun in some was makes me realise how obsessed i get when i am running..Maybe this is a good time to call it my off period and start a fresh when my foots better,its been 3 months of good training and racing so not too disapointed,i think its best now for me to do the two weeks easy running then on to build up for 3 weeks and the time trial,wondered what your thoughts are on this,at the end of the day ive had a good 3 months no complaint at all really only niggles what ive picked up.I would like to say thanks also for your sound advise along the way,so i sign off now all the best regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 24-01-2013

seems like a good idea Jon and do check about running in those shoes that may have caused the problems

with the weather the way it is currently, I don't think there would have been much opportunity for productive training unless you able to find a treadmill?

over to you

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 24-01-2013

Hi Ed,
looks like my shoes caused the problem,getting better quickly so might look to run Monday of next week,hot and sunny hear as always so plenty of mountain biking going on to prop up my fitness,so hopefully start again soon regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 25-01-2013

hope things move in the right direction soon and you don't lose all the good you have learned

TheEd
ps.. nice weekend to you and good to hear weather always good your side, had you in the UK for a moment Big Grin

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 26-01-2013

Hi Ed,
well got to say had a better week plenty of cross training mainly on the mountain bike and some cross trainer session the treatment seems to have worked well but ive choose to hold off from running too soon,I should be running either tomorrow or Monday and take it from there,like i said just bordering caution at present,plus it looks like ill be home another month before going off to work so maybe one more cycle and a race around the 24th of feb..Yes the weather no problem in Thailand hot as all ways having said that we have had a bit of rain which is a nice change think that rounds things up for now regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 28-01-2013

Hi Ed,
well i am a happy jogger at present manage two forty minute jogs so far will keep jogging until i can run again hopefully at the end of the month regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 29-01-2013

Hi Ed,
just wanted to say i managed 50 mins easy today felt fine and ready to dare i say it...do a cycle at the end of this month.....Wink