Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 07-06-2015

Hi ED,
just a round up of the weekends training I did 45 minutes easy Friday and 1 hour easy Saturday. Sunday I took as a rest day as I have been chasing the recovery all week after the race and 2x2 k 4x1 k so felt it best I skip the pace run of 5k today and go into the last week of cycle a bit fresh. not sure if to run the 400s or 3x5 mins ? Hopefully just squeeze this race in would be a shame to miss it but will know more by mid week. That's all for now was good to have a lay in this morning as opposed to been up 5am and training. All for now regards jon.Wink

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 10-06-2015

Hi ED,
Looking like i will make the race on sunday not 100% but a good chance.Trained well dispite the mental battle of actually making this race.Well all for now will post again sunday all been well regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 11-06-2015

Is Sunday on then?

if so, have a good one

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 11-06-2015

90% sure its on mr ED sir hotel and taxi booked so hopefully give it a good go.6x1 min in the morning and then travel saturday.The wife is going with me so best make it worth while.! Will post sunday with results regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 13-06-2015

Hi ED,
on my way to bangkok going to make the race after all will update how it went regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 14-06-2015

Hi ED,
race went well and moving in the right direction.Will plan to race around 26th of july now so back to the 3 week cycle i would say.30.15 was my time but i have allready seen a gps for the 10 miles that was 17.odd k so not worried about the time.All for now regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 15-06-2015

congrats Jon . you could mention that you won and that it is great to win a race Wink

on we go

:mrburns:

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 15-06-2015

Thanks ED,
i think it's worth saying that the training programs are very well put together and work very well if you stick to it.So yes it's been a while since i won but think its best to be quietly pleased inside.Well nice easy 1 hour on the trails tommorrow and running with a spring in my step. thanks does not really cut it for you time and experience that you have given.regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 16-06-2015

Hi ED,
just to say will start the 3 week cycle in the morning and get through it the best I can as I go to work next week for around 7 to 10 days no big deal and plan to race 26th July now. All for now regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 19-06-2015

Hi ED,
Just to say struggled with the 2k reps today only managed 3x2k at 7 mins not too worried as i felt tired before i even started.Think the combo of race and long run left me wanting.But never mind things are going well and prepair myself for another long run sunday all for now regards jon.