Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 08-01-2016

what's up Jono

how things going with the training

any events planned?

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 09-01-2016

Hi ED,
happy new year first off hope all is well with you.
As you know i set out my stall on the sub 31 10k program which has been some of the best training Ive done in a very long time.

I didn't want to post anything as Ive nearly completed my second pass of the program not missing a single session.

I did not want to jinx myself. Granted the times had to be modified but the structure remains the same.

On to the races i have a 10k trail race on the 17th followed by a 10.5k on the road the following week.

I guess ill let the running do the talking now just got to get through the next week without any hiccups and see where we are at.
all for now regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 09-01-2016

good stuff Jon, and wonderful to read

onwards

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 10-01-2016

Thanks Ed,
I will look towards a down week first week February and then a 2 week build up afterwards.Might be off to work mid Feb so i figure a build up around that time is probable.

April is the British masters in Staford 10k selection race for the cross country in Glasgow this coming November.

Looking forward to the race next week only bad luck or an off day is going to prevent a good result.

I have to go to Singapore at the end of this month so trying to squeeze a race in there before going on a training course.

All in all on a very different level to where i have been for the last few years so its all good will update how the race went over and out.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 11-01-2016

Jon, you come across as pretty relaxed but focused about your running

a good space to be in

enjoy

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 11-01-2016

Hi Ed,
Thanks i think the training has built confidence so yes a more relaxed head space.I do the session tick it off then on to the next.No time to dwell just more on to the next session and keep ticking them off money in the bank.The other focus is rest and relax and eating and well.Lets see how sunday goes expecting a tough race.Everythings a stepping stone to better things..over and out.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - NicBathgate - 16-01-2016

Hey Johnathan, enjoying following your thread man, you're an inspiration! Smile

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 17-01-2016

Hi Nic,
Glad your taking your enjoying the threads.I wish you well in your own running thanks for the kind comments regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 17-01-2016

Hi Ed,
Just a quick up date how the race went today mostly good in terms of winning the age cat and ending up 6th place overall.Things would have been alot better if my shoe soles did not drop off! The plus was i managed to hang with a young kenyan until 7 k before my wheels went flat! (Shoes) will take an easy week and plan a road race next sunday..over and out.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 19-01-2016

great Jon, I saw some of your images you posted on FB

other than shoes, you felt good until the blow out?

TheEd