Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 14-02-2016

Hi ED,
Just had one of those race's that went wrong! Started out ok then just felt stuffed by 4k it was hot but no real excuse.I got to 5k in 17.50 and30.35 at 8k felt that i had enough, second 5k i just took it easy and finished it off really.
Not sure what happened there but i know the training has been going very well..On to the next i guess and not think about it too much as bad runs happen not often but today was the day.over and out.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 20-02-2016

these things do happen and we always work to minimise their occurrence

onwards and forwards

THeEd
ps.. hope you have had a decent week

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 21-02-2016

Thanks ED,
I plan to race 7k on the 6th march so a good chance to try and run 25 minutes.I feel a big part of it is the conditions weather wise.When its cool hitting 33 10k pace when it's hot 36 to 37 minute 10k so difficult to really guage my fitness, Which is reflective on the training runs also!
Ive addopted a run by feel approach on the races as 3.20 per k feels good one race and too hard the next very difficult to get a pitch.
Over and out.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 22-02-2016

Hi ED,
I think at 40 years old i am happy to say running 33 min 10k is all ok with me.I know my times are up and down not like someone half my age where you hit the time week in week out..Had those days and smile.
Just going to enjoy the ride now after all running should be fun.And that's my long term plan to enjoy.
Over and out.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 24-02-2016

Hi Ed,
Little update on the 1k reps
3.20 90 seconds recover
Next up is the 5k pace run will set off at 18.00 pace3.35
And try and build on it.
7k race next weekend so looking for 25 mins.
All for now jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 27-02-2016

Hi ED,
Just ran 16.59 for the 5k pace run thinking 25 mins for the 7k is in range next week if the Temps are kind.
Hope all is well your side jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 27-02-2016

Hi Jon, are you happy that things are returning?

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 27-02-2016

Hi ED,
Just a tad bit.Wink
Thinking after this race a build up would be a good idea as i have been on the program 3 months now.
Work looms also so i think things fit in well.
long run 0 clock speak soon jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 29-02-2016

Hi ED,
Been giving the training some thought over the weekend and not sure what's best to do! Firstly want to get my race out the way on sunday and give a time over 7k.

I am Thinking i would like to work my 5k times down to say 16.00 to 16.15 if possible.
As spoke of before I was speaking of a 3 week build up but will await your advise or thoughts on this regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 29-02-2016

a two week build-up should do the trick

TheEd