Running Information Forums
10K Training Plans - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: 10K Training Plans (/Thread-10K-Training-Plans)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

10K Training Plans - glenn10 - 21-07-2013

TheEd Wrote:will check these things out (it has been a while since I went over such data)

as for the 5km, sensible enough

look forward to your feedback

TheEd

Thanks Ed - no rush on my part - but I would be very interested to know what they all mean, and if there's anywhere where I'm lacking!

Did the 5K in exactly 22:30 on Saturday, and it felt very easy, and I certainly felt as if I could run it minutes faster - as was holding myself back a lot, especially in the first 2K, before stretching my legs a little more in the final 3K. Did a 1 hour at 11PM this evening, again, trying to miss the heat! Felt very good again, legs are feeling very strong, and I'm feeling a lot more 'racey' than I have done recently.

With the race still 12 days away (2nd August), what should I look to do this week? Run through the final week of the cycle as if the race were this Friday?

10K Training Plans - glenn10 - 23-07-2013

glenn10 Wrote:Thanks Ed - no rush on my part - but I would be very interested to know what they all mean, and if there's anywhere where I'm lacking!

Did the 5K in exactly 22:30 on Saturday, and it felt very easy, and I certainly felt as if I could run it minutes faster - as was holding myself back a lot, especially in the first 2K, before stretching my legs a little more in the final 3K. Did a 1 hour at 11PM this evening, again, trying to miss the heat! Felt very good again, legs are feeling very strong, and I'm feeling a lot more 'racey' than I have done recently.

With the race still 12 days away (2nd August), what should I look to do this week? Run through the final week of the cycle as if the race were this Friday?

Further to the above - ran 30 minutes on Monday and did a 3 x 5 minutes at race pace, with 60 seconds rest today - as per the 45-minute training plan. Felt very good doing the 3 x 5 minutes today, still held some back and felt like I could've gone much faster. Feeling in a very good place, all very good Big Grin

Should I continue the schedule as is for the moment (hour tomorrow night, rest on Thursday), and then wait for your opinion on what to do for the week before the race on Friday 2nd August?

10K Training Plans - TheEd - 24-07-2013

grand Glenn

roll through week 2 from next week

you may run a faster 5km this weekend, up to 8km if you want

so take the 6 x 1minute fast / slow tomorrow and Rest Friday

Saturday a time-trial of sorts over 5 to 8km

TheEd
ps.. feedback appreciated

10K Training Plans - glenn10 - 24-07-2013

TheEd Wrote:grand Glenn

roll through week 2 from next week

you may run a faster 5km this weekend, up to 8km if you want

so take the 6 x 1minute fast / slow tomorrow and Rest Friday

Saturday a time-trial of sorts over 5 to 8km

TheEd
ps.. feedback appreciated

Hi Ed,

Just wanted to check that this is what you mean, as I know you wanted me to avoid doing anything too hard leading up to the race next Friday:

Wednesday: 1 hour easy
Thursday 25th: 6 x 1 minute fast
Friday 26th: Rest
Saturday 27th: 5K - 8K hard
Sunday 28th: 1 hour easy
Monday 29th: 1 hour easy
Tuesday 30th: 3 x 5 minutes at race pace
Wedneday 31st: 6 x 1 minute fast
Thursday 1st: Rest
Friday 2nd: 10K Race

10K Training Plans - TheEd - 25-07-2013

my apologies Glenn

got thrown out a little, let me provide the sessions

Thursday 25th: 30 minutes with last 10 minutes pick up
Saturday 27th: 3 x 1500m @ 10k race pace with 2 to 3 minutes in-between
Monday 29th: 20 to 30 minutes with last 10 minutes pick up
Tuesday 30th: 20 minutes light running

Cheers

TheEd

10K Training Plans - glenn10 - 28-07-2013

TheEd Wrote:my apologies Glenn

got thrown out a little, let me provide the sessions

Thursday 25th: 30 minutes with last 10 minutes pick up
Saturday 27th: 3 x 1500m @ 10k race pace with 2 to 3 minutes in-between
Monday 29th: 20 to 30 minutes with last 10 minutes pick up
Tuesday 30th: 20 minutes light running

Cheers

TheEd

Thanks Ed. All on target so far - ran the 3 x 1.5K on the roads, and still felt quite easy at around 4:20/KM pace.

My latest toy is some new bathroom scales, so thought I'd share some stats for this evening before the run:
71.7KG total weight
3.9% body fat
70.1% body water
49.9% body muscle
3.5KG bone weight

Surprised to be quite so heavy, but these scales are definitely more accurate than the manual ones I've been using up until now... Will be looking to get down to about 65KG as this is probably ideal race weight for me...

10K Training Plans - TheEd - 30-07-2013

do have a relaxed week in your run down to rrace day

all the best

TheEd
ps.. take weight the morning of the race, if you able to

10K Training Plans - glenn10 - 03-08-2013

TheEd Wrote:do have a relaxed week in your run down to rrace day

all the best

TheEd
ps.. take weight the morning of the race, if you able to

71.1KGs on the morning of the race - so have dropped about a Kilo over the last month.

Race was character building, about 10 degrees warmer than last month (26 degrees) and with more wind, so was quite pleased to come in only a minute behind last month.

Have a 5K in three weeks time (again on the Friday), and I know that I have a decent time inside me.

Am going to start the sub-40 schedule on Monday which finishes spot on the date. I'd like to start increasing mileage as well, as this 5K is the final race for me this year and am then going to want to start looking at building a strong base for next year. What is the best way to do this, some morning runs on top of the normal schedule?

10K Training Plans - TheEd - 04-08-2013

Yo can start the program Day 1 on the Tuesday and then simply change the last week's run down to the event

Day 3 to Day 8 is the core of the program and has been designed to coincide with the weekend, so try to have the 2k session on Thursday for instance

please ask questions if need be

TheEd