Running Information Forums
5km training - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 5km Training (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-5km-Training)
+--- Thread: 5km training (/Thread-5km-training)

5km training - beatule1 - 05-10-2009

Do you mean in what times did i do my 1000's?? :duh:
I did all of them same pace 4:10/km. i was on a treadmill.

Was good fun! Tired now..

p.s. i found a track not far away me, just waiting for answer about their using procedures..

5km training - TheEd - 05-10-2009

good stuff

if you able to use a 400m track then your able to do higher quality type sessions associated to 5000m training

in a controlled environment as such it is easier to get results and avoid injuries etc

TheEd

5km training - beatule1 - 05-10-2009

ok, i'll let you know when i can get there!

Thank you

p.s. how many runners do you have to write back per day?Smile

Beatule

5km training - TheEd - 06-10-2009

the amount of feedback alternates however I know with what I can cope with

a number fall by the wayside and return so it is never all at once

I used to coach a squad of 30 athletes .. each had their own training program

having everything stored online is a little easier

Smile

TheEd

5km training - beatule1 - 06-10-2009

Track is closed at the moment..:mad: !!!
So i have just treadmill and outdoors..Sad

What shall i do tomorrow?

Do you still have 'real' runners to train?

Beatule

The first one i have is end of the month 30th Friday. Booked it.

And then thinking about Friday 18th December.

Beatule

5km training - TheEd - 06-10-2009

OK .. that means we can have a semi-adaptation week this week

no running Wednesday and you can go for 30 to 40 minutes on Thursday

then a quality session Saturday and then we shall roll to next week which will be on a more specific schedule to suit you

do note that you have done a 1500m trial plus 5 x 1000m

2 quality sessions and even if you feel as though you roaring to go you need to hold back a little

Thanks

TheEd

Thank you TheEd.

It's hard not to run.. as was used to 5-6times a week..
One more question, if you could help me.. i did a few test and find out that my glutes doesn't activate properly with most exercises and guess running too.. Right works little bit, but my left - don't feel it at all. I tried all exercises for glutes (deadlifts, goodmorning, step ups, ect, tried some 'glute activation exercises', but it's seems that my hamstrings and lower back are overtaking..
Maybe you know some special exercises to activate them?Smile

Sorry to bombard you with lots of questions!:taped:

Beatule

5km training - TheEd - 07-10-2009

B . no mention of lunges . unless you have had knee problems in the past ???

by mentioning not activating properly .. have you ever suffered from a trapped nerve in the past that could also affect you?

I am not 'wholly' clued up on strength training with weights as it is not an area I focused on preferring the use of body weight and light weights for lean muscle strength and not too explosive

have always avoided high risk exercising in a squad environment

Cheers

TheEd

5km training - beatule1 - 07-10-2009

Hi TheEd,

No didn't have any back problems (so far!!!).

I tried lunges - all variations, no feeling there..
Knees.., i had little problem before my last half marathon, did long up the hill run and agrivated my fat pad of the left knee. I saw physio as was little worried before my race. So she found that i'm slightly rolling in with my knees when i'm squating, so even more when i run (even i have supportive trainers!) and mentioned my glutes.. That pain went away, but i started getting shin splits in the same leg...

Coming back to glutes- i did some tests if they are working properly... Funny enough, a few ladies did these tests with me and from nearly 10 of us - proper working glutes had just one lady and one was with very big differnce: one working very well, the other not at all!!!Smile and she had one of her butt cheek obviously smaller!!!Smile :taped:

I'm trying some own body weight exercises at the moment, BOSU board too, hopefully one day i'll have sore buttocks..Smile sounds wiered !!! Smile

Thank you!

p.s. can't wait for tomorrows run!:taped:

Beatule