Running Information Forums
5km training - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 5km Training (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-5km-Training)
+--- Thread: 5km training (/Thread-5km-training)

5km training - TheEd - 21-04-2010

well you may as well have no running, if Friday is a paced session of sorts and that you normally don't run on a Thursday

you will soon have a routine of sort again but for now let's get this knee out the way

Cheers

TheEd

5km training - beatule1 - 22-04-2010

Hi TheEd,

All good and happyt to run tomorrow!Smile
I can't wait to come back to proper running!:great:
i think i was quiet miserable in a last weeks... hope that won't happen again..
next snowboard season - lots of knee protection!

And what's for tomorrow?
Hope i'm not very out of shape..:mmm:

Beata

5km training - TheEd - 22-04-2010

3 x 1000m at 4 minutes per km with Rest 3 minutes

even if you struggle lets blow out the cobwebs

if you don't struggle then all the better

warm up and warm down .. 10 minutes before and 5 minutes after should be sufficient

TheEd

5km training - beatule1 - 23-04-2010

Hi TheEd,

It was good!Smile I can't say it was jog type or didn't let me to swet a bit, but it was no where close to some of the hard sessions I did in a past!Smile

Rest was long, I could go back on I think after about a minute.

I would say I felt just over 80%..

I'm hoping I'll get a long run over the weekend? :-) Happy to do on Sunday too just before London marathon as they are passing our house..

And I'm ok to train on Thursdays again!Smile

Beatule

5km training - TheEd - 23-04-2010

it shouldn't be anywhere near to as hard as the previous sessions and it was mainly to see if you could cope with the pace again

you more than welcome to put out a 40 to 50 minute run on Sunday

just take care to monitor your legs

Cheers and enjoy the weekend

TheEd
ps.. photo shots of London most welcome

5km training - beatule1 - 25-04-2010

Hi TheEd!

Hope you are good. I did over 40min run today. All good!Smile

Watched the marathon- those first guys - oh my days!!! So fast!!! Amazing!
In those races it's such a good atmosphere.. You get carried away with it.. My coligues trying to persuade me to do next year. No!Smile Even I think I would finish it - I wouldn't like to do in any time and if you want to get good results -you have to run a lot! I was running so much with half marathon that I felt like going to work... I said I'll do my only marathon after my first baby. Wierd reason isn't it? Smile but that shouldn't happen for long!;-)
just some thoughts..

What is my next run?Smile

Beatule

5km training - TheEd - 25-04-2010

well we roll to 1000's on Tuesday .. like a welcome back

Big Grin

do they have the 5km this Friday?

TheEd

5km training - beatule1 - 25-04-2010

I new that's coming!Smile

There is.. But as I wasn't well with my knee I didn't think I'll do it and booked a trip from that day to Florence and the same at the end of May too as we have bank holidays those weekends..

So my next one is end of July.

I was thinking to get finally on a track! When I'm not away I think Fridays will work for me..

5km training - TheEd - 26-04-2010

OK .. so with no races till end July you should be able to get back into the swing of things

5 x 1000 Rest 60 seconds 4 min to 4.05 per k

hopefully session progresses well

TheEd

5km training - beatule1 - 27-04-2010

Done!Smile Loved it!

As last time - was fine. I think 1min brake was just about right which made just 85% all over. I think just the last 1000s was a bit of a struggle, but again no where close to a hard sessions!

All of them did in 4min.

What and when shall I do next?
I'm away over the weekend, but I still could sqeeze in Friday morning. And then I could run again on Monday. Also I'm fine to do non interval session on Thursday.

Beatule