Running Information Forums
5km training - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 5km Training (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-5km-Training)
+--- Thread: 5km training (/Thread-5km-training)

5km training - beatule1 - 18-07-2010

Hi TheEd,

I did both runs yesterday and today. Yesterday i did little longer than 3km paced (not intentionelly). I did paced run so not killing myself and finished in 14:30 was so upset!!! but came back home and checked that i actually did 3.5km so it's not too bad... Smile

Bad news is that i can't get to the track Tuesday as will be traveling and non of other days during the week except Friday.. I could jump on a treadmill either tomorrow or Wednesday.. but not sure if you think it's good to do that?

Summer busyness.. I think i will get to normal routine just mid September..
If it would happen that i can't get out to do quality sessions to a track, would it be worth doing sprints just as i run outdoors say by time, not by distance.. just to keep my speed up...?

Beatule

5km training - TheEd - 19-07-2010

best not to do 'sprints' but rather do a series of paced runs no further than 3km with a 1hr run thrown in occasionally

that would be the best remedy

TheEd

5km training - beatule1 - 16-01-2011

Hi TheEd!

How are you?!
I'm back and I hope I can still get some coaching from you..?Smile

I am still running... just before Christmas I was on some kind of study where we had to do quiet a few sprints and maximum 30min easy run..and we did lots of weights sessions too..so my longer distances were not that great.. after that I was really tired and fatigued so my running over end of December and January was very light and easy.. But I really miss 5km races and your coaching too!Smile

I haven't booked any race yet as would like first to get back to a decent running shape..

Thank you very much!

Beatule

5km training - TheEd - 16-01-2011

You always welcome B

where would you like to begin and any idea what you would like to aim for?

The weather has not been the best for running, so hopefully it improves from now

Cheers and welcome back

TheEd

5km training - beatule1 - 16-01-2011

Thank you TheEd!

Happy to be backSmile

I would like to do 5km races again.. I think my time for it is far longer than my previous races.. So building up for that..? Again I would love to be running 3-4/week so I could fit in my other training too..

Yee weather is not very nice here, but as long as it's not raining - it's fine..

Hope you have many runners who are still keen to run in any weather conditions..!

Beatule

5km training - TheEd - 17-01-2011

OK great .. need an assessment via the 1500m time-trial and then for you to tell me of your format with regards to gym and when you are able to run

onwards and forwards

TheEd

5km training - beatule1 - 18-01-2011

Hi TheEd,

I did it this morning!
5:41, can I still run?Smile

My best days for running would be Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday or Sunday. I would have access to the gym all those days or I can run outside with my Garmin watch and monitor myself with it..?
Unfortunately I won't be able to get to the track, as close to me is completely closed and the others are very far and in not nice areas..

Hope you are not too cold Smile

Beatule

5km training - TheEd - 19-01-2011

well you had to start somewhere Wink

as an indicator .. last time I do believe you hit 5 minutes, is that correct?

will get back to you shortly as to how we shall proceed .. so you should be up & running this weekend

TheEd
ps.. welcome back Wink

5km training - beatule1 - 20-01-2011

I can't remember hitting 5min..

The very first time you gave me to do 1500m I did even slower 5:55..
Unless that was somewhere mid way at my peak with you..?

I look forward for my weekend run..Smile

Beatule

5km training - TheEd - 20-01-2011

apologies about that .. I now recall it was 4 minutes per k which = 6 minutes

so yes indeed, you are in better condition

will finalise things tomorrow

TheEd