Running Information Forums
10K Training Program - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: 10K Training Program (/Thread-10K-Training-Program)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

10K Training Program - April - 05-10-2009

Hi
I started running in May and my 1st ever race is the coming 10km Nike Human Race on Oct 24. I have also signup 2 other 10km races on Nov 1 & Dec 6.

I've not done any form of training other than running 3-4 times per week, each run, 40-60mins.

I am hoping to do a sub60mins for the races. Would you be able to propose a training program?

Could you explain what's race pace and how is it being worked out?

April

10K Training Program - TheEd - 05-10-2009

Hi April and welcome

there is not much time to guide you towards the 10km on Oct 24th however we shall see what can be done

could you please do a 4k time-trial either today or tomorrow so I can put together the next 3 weeks training in the build-up as well as to assess how close you are to a sub 60 minute 10km

Hope this helps you to get started

TheEd

10K Training Program - April - 05-10-2009

Hi TheEd

I'll be heading to the gym tomorrow. I will do a 4k time-trial and update you.

April

10K Training Program - April - 06-10-2009

Hi TheED

My 4K time-trial is 22min40sec.

April

10K Training Program - TheEd - 06-10-2009

not bad April, judging from this if you stay relaxed but focused you should achieve your sub 60 min 10km

no running tomorrow or Thursday but a session of 2000's on Friday

would you be able to cope with this plan so far?

will provide further feedback shortly

TheEd

10K Training Program - April - 06-10-2009

Hi TheEd

Yes, I can cope with the plan.
I'm excited!

April

10K Training Program - TheEd - 07-10-2009

Hi April

3 x 2k tomorrow

first off .. your 4km .. where was this run, please, as it was quite fast if your aim is sub 60 minutes

this is more towards a sub 50 minute aim, to be honest

so wherever u did the 4km use the same place for the 2k session

this will be a tough session .. however I am sure you will cope

the 2k pace will be 5 minutes per k .. 2k in 10 minutes .. Rest 2 minutes between each 2km

if however the 4km you ran was accurate then you may find this session easy Wink

after this session I shall provide your training for the weekend

Enjoy

TheEd

10K Training Program - April - 07-10-2009

Hi TheEd

It's so good to hear from you again!

Sure, I'll attempt the 3 x 2k on the treadmill tomorrow and will come back to you with the timings right after my run.

I have a question - I run with a running club on every Thu evening. The run is about 5km. Will I end up 'running too much' for the day?

You have a good day ahead!!!

April

10K Training Program - TheEd - 07-10-2009

we can change things around where you can still run with the club on the Thursday .. running with other sis good motivation

next week you will have the 1000's on the Tuesday all depending how the weekend goes

enjoy

looking forward to your feedback re: 2k session

TheEd

10K Training Program - April - 08-10-2009

Hi TheEd

I've just done 3 x 2k on treadmill. It was tough... I didn't manage to keep it to 5mins per k. Here's my timing:

- 10min41sec
- 11min04sec
- 11min04sec

I did a 10mins warmup before I start on the 2k session. I found the 1st set of 2k the toughtest, somehow, maybe because I was running at a faster pace.

The 2nd set of 2k was better, though the last 500m was getting tough. I wasn't sure if I could manage the last set of 2k.

The last 1000m of the 3rd set was mental endurance - didn't think I could endure to finish it. But I managed to push myself and finished it at 11min04sec...

Wasn't sure what kept me going and how I did it... I am just so glad I completed the 3 x 2k...

April