Running Information Forums
10k sub 45 mins - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: 10k sub 45 mins (/Thread-10k-sub-45-mins)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

10k sub 45 mins - TheEd - 11-08-2010

it will come together with consistency

nice going

TheEd

10k sub 45 mins - Leroy - 16-08-2010

Hi Ed

5k run was on Friday

1k - 4m 29s
2k - 4m 30s
3k - 4m 25s
4k - 4m 31s
5k - 4m 23s

Total - 22m 18s

I felt I got the pace spot on which I'm most pleased about and had a little left for the last km. Fartlek today and 10k due on Friday.

With recovery runs I'm due to finish the training program Sunday which will be 6 weeks before my run. What would you recommend Ed? I can feel the benefits of this program but I know you sugguseted a build up program. Grateful for your advice.

Thanks
Lee

10k sub 45 mins - TheEd - 16-08-2010

nice going Lee

continue with the cycles as you are still new to the format and after the 6 weeks then a change of format would be suggested

enjoy

TheEd

10k sub 45 mins - Leroy - 24-08-2010

Hi Ed,

10k last friday in just over 48 mins. Was happy with it as the legs felt tired for the first time really in the 2 cycles I've done (6/7 weeks). I'm just going to take it sensible, have completed the easy runs but will delay starting another cycle by a couple of days and keep to some easy sessions.

I do feel good progress being made

Cheers
Lee

10k sub 45 mins - TheEd - 24-08-2010

hope it all works out .. please let me know how the recovery goes and when you will go towards the new cycle, particularly the 2000m session

cheers

TheEd

10k sub 45 mins - Leroy - 27-08-2010

Hi Ed

Got back onto the running on Wednesday (possibly should have been more patient with the rest days). 2 k's today were;

1 - 8m 58s
2 - 8m 52s
3 - 8m 56s
4 - 8m 53s

Fairly similar to last time apart from the 1st 2k. The first km of that run took me 4m 40s so other than that I think the pace was fairly even - just a slight misjudgement on that 1st km. In saying that this felt a little harder than last time but pleased I completed again which is my main goal. Even more pleased that I ground it out after a slow start.

Long run Sunday.

Lee

10k sub 45 mins - TheEd - 28-08-2010

little by little the improvements will come

consistency leads to results

TheEd

10k sub 45 mins - Leroy - 03-09-2010

Hi Ed

My long run was on Monday and as I was feeling good I decided to have a bash at a half marathon course I's done a few times before - clocking 1hr 42 mins which was 5 mins quicker than I'd ever done before (even on programme last year) so was very pleased.

Tuesday was spin, weds easy run and thurs 1ks. I could only do in a gym and clocked 4m 17s for all the 1ks. Felt ok but as the 2ks last week couldn't really pick it up anymore.

Feel as it's coming together and full of confidence at the moment - will keep working!!

I'm starting to replace some of the recovery runs with cycling, spin etc. Is this Ok?

Thanks
Lee

10k sub 45 mins - TheEd - 04-09-2010

Leroy .. you must truthfully be careful right now as that is a whopping improvement and the body may seem OK to start with but with the added training on top of things it can breakdown

so please monitor everything

and yes, spinning is great BUT if it is the actual spinning which is good

high revolutions and a low gear that works the heart and lungs and not the legs

no pain coming off the saddle .. light recovery spinning

then that is good

Cheers

TheEd

10k sub 45 mins - Leroy - 04-09-2010

Thanks Ed advice appreciated as always. I took very easy recovery runs yesterday and today, rest day tomorrow and will see how 5k goes Monday

Cheers
Lee