Running Information Forums
5km Training Assistance - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 5km Training (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-5km-Training)
+--- Thread: 5km Training Assistance (/Thread-5km-Training-Assistance)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

5km Training Assistance - TheEd - 28-12-2017

nice JR .. after this cycle, we shall shuffle things round to make the overall program towards 5k. This was only a run through

sounds like you had some fun Smile

TheEd
ps.. hopefully you can find something here re: foot - http://www.time-to-run.com/women/articles/footcare.htm

5km Training Assistance - J.R - 30-12-2017

Hi TheEd,

Total distance today 10,12 km.

Includes 3,02 km pace run in 12minutes @ 3:59 (HR ave 154 & HR max 164 for pace session).

Thank you,

J.R

5km Training Assistance - TheEd - 02-01-2018

you should go through your previous training cycles and pulse ranges to see how and when the 'blip' occurred, so that if you have some early warning signs, you can do things to avoid it happening again in the future.

running is every much about confidence, and blips can often cause havoc

on we go

TheEd

5km Training Assistance - J.R - 02-01-2018

Will do Mr Ed.

5km Training Assistance - J.R - 06-01-2018

Hi The Ed,

Update:

Sunday 45 minutes Easy
Monday 45 minutes Easy
Tuesday 10 x 400 m @ 89 sec
Wednesday 45 minutes Easy
Thursday 6 x 1 minutes @ 4:15 pace
Friday Off
Saturday Parkrun 20:08 (5,03 km GPS)

Cheers
J.R

5km Training Assistance - J.R - 13-01-2018

Hi TheEd,

Update:

Sunday 45 minutes Easy
Monday 45 minutes Easy
Tuesday 70 minutes Easy
Wednesday 45 minutes Easy
Thursday 3 x 1 mile @ 4:05 Pace
Friday Off
Saturday 90 minutes Easy

Rolling on :yes:

Cheers
J.R.

5km Training Assistance - J.R - 28-01-2018

Hi TheEd,

My last 5km parkrun in 20:33.

I've been through 3 cycles to date with the following 5km times.

Cycle 1 Week 3 - 20:52.
Cycle 2 Week 3 - 20:08.
Cycle 3 Week 3 - 20:33.

In all 3 cycles on the pace runs and park run's my speed endurance goes haywire at the 3km mark. I'm on pace and then slow down perceptibly for the remainder of the 5k distance.

I went sub 20 on numerous times in 2017 with my own schedule and the weekly hilly long run was I think a key workout with a weekly tempo session and a 5 x 5 minute fartlek type of session.

The difference is that I dont feel as holistically revitalized as with your program structure in comparison to my ówn previous run as you feel, weekly racing / gung ho method.

However, with my previous schedule in 2017 my wheels never came off either in the last 2k's thereforesome tweaking is currently needed.

For week 1 I have only been doing 3 x 1 mile - maybe I should increase this?
For week 2 I have only been doing 4 x 1km - maybe I should increase this?
As for introducing a weekly long run this wont seem to fit into your structure without disturbing the quality days and subsequent rest.

I have also focused on dropping my weight down from 87.5 kg to 85kg.
Height 178cm - age 52.

By week 3 I am raring to go, a bundle of energy but the wheels always seem to come off in the last 2 km even though I am pacing myself correctly from the word GO. :please:

Your thoughts?

5km Training Assistance - TheEd - 28-01-2018

Hi J.R, you had the period last year when you were not feeling great, this can happen at any time, and to come back from that is often tough

what I recommend is do 3 x 1k @ sub 4 minute pace with 3 minutes Rest in-between on Tuesday and then race the Park Run this coming Saturday

after that we can do an analysis and see how things are going

TheEd

5km Training Assistance - J.R - 28-01-2018

Hi The Ed,

Therefore:

Monday - 8km easy
Tuesday - 3 x 1km @ sub 4:00 pace with 3 minutes rest (20 min w/up & 20 min c/down.
Wednesday - 8km easy
Thursday - 6 x 1min F @ race pace (30 minute w/up & 10 min c/down)
Friday - rest
Saterday - Parkrun race

Would this be in order or would the Thursday abovesession just be an easy 10 km?
J.R

5km Training Assistance - TheEd - 29-01-2018

good stuff, that should do it

TheEd