Running Information Forums
Training to run a half marathon - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Training to run a half marathon (/Thread-Training-to-run-a-half-marathon)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Training to run a half marathon - TheEd - 01-08-2014

where are you now with your training?

TheEd

Training to run a half marathon - QuentinG - 07-08-2014

Hello Ed
Training going well feeling legs fine
Sunday easy 90 min run
Monday rest
Tuesday easy 50min run
Wednesday easy 8km run
Rest Thursday
Will run easy on Friday and then do 5 x 2km on Saturday i will have more time On Saturday to do the session well will aim for 4min 20 to 4min 30 Then i will run easy on Sunday for 1 hour relaxed
Weight around 84 to 85kg mark weather still a bit cold and sun goes down at 5 o clock here in the winter That s the time i get home from work. so i try and run around a oval where they play soccer. Cannot wait for summer day light savings sun goes down at 9 o clock Thanks Ed from Q

Training to run a half marathon - TheEd - 10-08-2014

you coming along strongly QG

are there any 10k races around in the next 2 weeks?

TheEd

Training to run a half marathon - QuentinG - 11-08-2014

Hello Ed
Not at the moment there only the 5km Park Runs and then towards end of the year there are a few 10km and another half .I might join the Newcastle Veterans over the summer .They do runs on the Tuesday Evening ranging from 2.4km to 5km all on the track I will let you know Its not like days or even like South Africa road races up here races are scarce But thats down the line will focus on the half and at the moment training going well
Thanks heaps Ed From Q

Training to run a half marathon - TheEd - 11-08-2014

wanted you to race a 10k in prep for the half

how did the 2k session go?

TheEd

Training to run a half marathon - QuentinG - 19-08-2014

Hello Ed
The 2km session went well ran between 8.45min to 9min for 2km and keeped them constant like for all 5 legs ok breathing getting better still doing
Monday rest day
Tuesday 50 min to 1hour easy
Wednesday ..Easy 45min
Thursday did the 2km sessions
Friday rest Saturday easy 75min
Sunday rest

Monday ran easy 45min
Tuesday Easy to steady 40min
Wednesday rest
Thursday 45min paced not to hard plus minis 5min km some at 4 .50 for about 4km
Friday rest
Saturday ran steady for 8km
Sunday easy 75min
Monday 45min easy
Tuesday rest

All training going well no injury and i felt good still a bit heavy 85 to 86 kg but long term goal Thanks heaps for all your guidance and help and hope to continue for many years to come Thanks Ed from Q

Training to run a half marathon - TheEd - 20-08-2014

Quentin, take a rest day after the longer runs

rather swim or cycle

hope you understand what is being said

what date is the 21km?

TheEd

Training to run a half marathon - QuentinG - 26-08-2014

Hello Ed
The race is on Sunday Training being going very well legs fell good i have been taking a day off after The long run on Sunday of 75 min yesterday was a rest day and Tuesday i will run easy for 45min There are few more after this race in December and then January the date i will find and let you Know
Thanks Ed getting close now
Regards Q

Training to run a half marathon - TheEd - 27-08-2014

make sure to take things easy before the race, so you go in feeling fresh and ready

do incorporate a walk break somewhere in the run if you intend running hard

if you walk easy for 10 seconds at a time you will be able to run harder during the run segments

plan when to do this though

don't run hard and then be forced to walk

TheEd

Training to run a half marathon - QuentinG - 03-09-2014

Hi Ed
Ran the half marathon on Sunday
Started slow and ran a negative split first half ran in 54min and the second half in 53 min never anything fancy stayed within my limits and was glad i did Legs ok in beginning but did start to get a bit stiff breathing towards end .I am very happy with the result and thanks a million for training advise always the best advice from you Its been 13 years since last half and that s before I immigrated to Ozz.At the age of 53 a time of 1hour 47min and weighting in at +-86 to 87 kg what more can ask for .Next half will be much quicker .Thanks heaps Ed .I will let you know when the next race is from Q