Running Information Forums
Is it twenty ten already? - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Country and General Discussion (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-Country-and-General-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Canada (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-Canada)
+---- Forum: Dylan Wykes (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-Dylan-Wykes)
+---- Thread: Is it twenty ten already? (/Thread-Is-it-twenty-ten-already)

Pages: 1 2 3

Is it twenty ten already? - DylanW - 02-01-2010

My goal with this blog was to update every week or so. But, much like other aspects of life (and running) in 2009, I did not uphold my end of the bargain. I guess that is what 2010 will be for: setting some good goals in running and life and doing everything possible to meet [...]

Full Dylan Wykes news ...

Is it twenty ten already? - DylanW - 18-01-2010

….today for a run, and to watch some running on-line. Congrats to Eric Gillis who ran his debut marathon today in 2:13:52 at the Houston Marathon. And to Simon Bairu for taking down Ryan Hall and running 1:02:47 in a half-marathon in Arizona. Certainly a great day for Canadian distance running/road racing. The next few [...]

Is it twenty ten already? - DylanW - 18-02-2010

I’ve been neglecting my blog of late, obviously. Had some technical difficulties a few times. I can’t seem to properly download and install the latest version of wordpress, and without it I can’t upload pictures. So, I abandoned a few earlier attempts at posts in the past few weeks.Since I last wrote I’ve struggled some [...]

Is it twenty ten already? - DylanW - 21-02-2010

While training for the World Champs marathon this past summer I got into a good routine of taking an ice bath after workouts and long runs, to help speed up the recovery process. I got away from that a bit this fall and winter. But, after my track workout last night, decided I needed to [...]

Is it twenty ten already? - DylanW - 01-03-2010

I may have nipped him for the win at OFSAA XC back in the day, but Devon Kershaw just about ‘nipped’ all of the best cross country skiiers the world could throw at him yesterday. Check out this article on the mens 50km mass start (basically the marathon of cross country skiing). As I mentioned [...]

Is it twenty ten already? - DylanW - 08-03-2010

I ran my first race of 2010, and first race since Nationals XC in Guelph back in November, yesterday in Vancouver, BC at the Harry’s Spring Run-Off 8km. I finished in 2nd place a few seconds behind Willy Kimosop of Lethbridge, AB.I was fairly pleased with the race. I wasn’t really sure what to expect [...]

Is it twenty ten already? - DylanW - 01-04-2010

An update on here has been long overdue. Tuesday of this week I completed a somewhat meaningful milestone on the way to completing my M.Sc. in Epidemiology. I’ve been pretty bewildered with my studies at times. So, this felt good to have finally accomplished, despite the fact it was a good 5 months later than [...]

Is it twenty ten already? - DylanW - 07-04-2010

….that was the motto last week, as I had the opportunity to join the Speed River Track Club for a few days of training, just prior to the Easter Weekend. I got in some good days of training including a track workout of 8×1km. It was great to be able to do this type of [...]

Is it twenty ten already? - DylanW - 09-04-2010

If you are in Kingston or are coming to Kingston this weekend to watch the FISU XC Champs and are free the day before the races you should check out the Endurance Summit. The organizers have put together what should be an interesting day of presentations and discussion related to endurance sports (mostly long distance [...]

Is it twenty ten already? - DylanW - 15-04-2010

I’m racing 10,000m on the track tomorrow night, at the Mt.SAC relays in Walnut, California. The heat sheets are up and it appears to be a good field of guys. I think the top seed has a PB of 28:15ish, and there a few other guys in the 28:30 range. If these guys are in [...]