Running Information Forums
37.30 Program - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: 37.30 Program (/Thread-37-30-Program)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

37.30 Program - TheEd - 24-09-2015

Great to read your feedback RobS, I think you will get the results you want, as you seem diligent

put the 5k paced on saturday

you can do a light run Friday or Rest, your call

try to start the program on a Tuesday for Day 1, and Day 3 on a Thursday for the future

at the end of this cycle, you can race a park run on the 4th and we then repeat Week 3 before the 11th October race

do provide feedback, so we can overcome any problems if there are any

TheEd

37.30 Program - RobS - 30-10-2015

Hi,

It's been over a month since the last update, unfortunately I've had a bad cold for the last weeks, it won't go away!

I did the paced run and it was all good and was looking forward to the following week. All was going good up to the wed (400 x 10), I managed them but left me more tired than normal and it seemed more at 100% to maintain than 90-95%, this was the first clue. The following day I was all bunged up and a cough developed and it was clear the cold had hit me.

I missed the Friday session and took it easy the following week, was still not feeling 100% but felt better and the cough had almost gone. I did the race on the Sunday which went better than expected considering, but in hindsight it wasn't a good move as the cold came back.

The next 2 weeks still full of cold, ran 2 times each week just for 30 mins or less. Had a full week off then ran yesterday and plan to run tonight (just 30 mins each). It felt good to run but still not 100%. Its definitely just in my sinuses and not my chest which is why i've kept on running but when I feel good enough (have been tired all the time).

So...cross country 8 days away (7th Nov), my plan is to run 3-4 times starting with 30 mins and build up to 60 mins. It will then be 4 weeks till the next cross country (5th Dec) so will need to work a plan out. I'd like to incorporate the 3 essential (2k session, long run and 1k session) and add in a maybe a 400 session too but id like to run the sunday long run with my club and also at least once in the week also. I'll see how next week goes then post the proposed plan but If you have any advice/ideas please let me know.

Thanks

PS: Hope you training is going well (whatever it is your currently doing)

37.30 Program - TheEd - 30-10-2015

we just have to learn from this RobS, all about experience, sometimes it is difficult to avoid bugs, however we can do things to make the process smoother

on we go

TheEd
ps.. looking forward to further feedback. You should come back stronger than before

37.30 Program - RobS - 12-11-2015

Hi,

The x-country went as expected and I was happy with the result.
With less than 4 weeks till the next one, I've decided to have an easy week followed by the 21 day program. The speed sessions will obviously be slower than the last time but I'll just see how they go.

I will start the program on the Tuesday as suggested but with a few amendments. The long run with be on a Sunday to fit in with the club run, do you see a problem with this? As the 2k session will be on the Thus and the 1k on the Tues, meaning slightly more rest between the 2k and long run but less time between the long run and 1k. This would be the preferable program moving forward as this fits in better in general with my weeks running. Also day 13 will be on a Sunday and I'd like another long run with the club so likely 80-100 mins, do you see this as a problem?

Thanks!

37.30 Program - TheEd - 13-11-2015

no problem with this RobS

do an easy run on Saturday and switch the long run to Sunday

there is no problem with this, because as you develop to sub 35 minute 10k running, you actually have a hillwork session on the Saturday and long run on Sunday

so all good

TheEd

37.30 Program - RobS - 27-01-2016

Hi The Ed,

Hope you and the rest of the time-to-run community had a good Xmas and New Year and are ready to get back to some serious training!

Quick update, followed the plan leading up to December for another x-country, the training went as expected but the race did not. It was very very windy which is my worst weather condition (I know its the same for all) but felt like I had no power or speed.

I then has a couple of easy weeks before taking 2 weeks off over Xmas. Started 3 weeks of the build up phase which finished at the weekend, and now I have started the program again with Tuesday being day 1, although some days will move around. I completed a 4k time trail, as part of a 5k park run but jogged in the last k. Time was just under 15 mins, so I have set the 2k session at 3.50 pace and will try the 1k at 3.40 pace for at least the first cycle.

Looking forward to the session tomorrow and will give feedback as necessary.

PS: Used a HR monitor during the build up and most runs were between 65-75%, that is what felt comfortable.

Thanks
Rob S

37.30 Program - RobS - 03-02-2016

Hi TheEd,

Update on the sessions so far:

2k: 7.33, 7.39, 7.31, 7.31, 7.30
Long run: 14 miles @146 avg hr
1k: 3.37, 3.40, 3.39, 3.36, 3.35, 3.33

As you can see I finally managed to crack starting slightly slower and finishing strong. Really pleased with all 3 sessions. I swapped the long run to Sunday and did a short job on the Saturday. The 2k session (Thursday) was easier than expected probably the easiest yet and the long run (Sunday) was a lot of fun. Was feeling tired by the 1k session (Tuesday) although still went very well, I just had heavy legs but this is to be expected.

Happy to be back on the program and feeling good at the moment. I have a cross country planned in for the race day so will give feedback after that.

Hope all is good
Rob S

37.30 Program - TheEd - 07-02-2016

nice to see these sessions coming through, a great place to start at

what races have you got planned for the future, other than the cross country?

Any Park Runs?

TheEd

37.30 Program - RobS - 08-02-2016

Hey,

I don't tend to plan park runs in, sometimes use them as the 5k paced run or if there was no other possible race on the race weekend.

There are a few races I'd like to do, some fall nicely on the race weekend or close to it, but others don't.
  • Half marathon - Sunday 6th March - Day 20 of program
  • 5 miler - Wed 13th April - Day 16 of program - I would like to target this for a PB, currently 30.32.
  • 10k - 04th May - Day 16 of program - Would also like to target this for a PB, currently just under 37.52.
  • 5k - 18th May - Day 9 of program - Again, target for PB, 18.26
This would involve 5 more cycles of the program so not sure if that's achievable, and don't have a race planned for the 2nd cycle. None have been entered but Id like to think Ii could do them all. There are other races too but these are ones to target for PBs.

Thanks!

37.30 Program - TheEd - 09-02-2016

we can balance things as you progress, so plan for the events and we juggle things when it comes closer to the races

on we go

TheEd