Running Information Forums
Not sure which training program - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Not sure which training program (/Thread-Not-sure-which-training-program)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Not sure which training program - BlakeRunner - 01-03-2016

Hello The Ed

I did the 4k time trial this morning. Wet, windy, cold and getting up at 5.00am to do it didnt fill me with joy but at least it was a quick run.

I felt stronger today but the numbers haven't changed really although it looks like my previous time trial logged at 15.26 was incorrect and should have been 9 seconds quicker at 15.17. This is because my watch continued counting before I managed to turn it off (ou can see this in the attachment where it logeed LAP11) and I just looked at the time on the upload site and posted that as my time. But today I added all the splits together on the new for a comparison with the old and I noticed the LAP 11 and the few seconds the watch was adding on before I could turn it off. So please see the attached and let me know.

x10 LAPS / 400m (track)
In a nutshell - 15.03 (3.49 min/km) - 14 seconds quicker than before. I should have killed the last couple of laps. I feel I could have pushed it more. But we all say that dont we. The fact is I didnt which is probably because i couldn't - but I will next time :p

ATTACHED:
BLAKERUNNER_4K_TIME_TRIAL_LAPS_02.jpg

Ive put the x2 - 4k time trials. Previous vs new next to each other so you can do a quick comparison.

If the attachment is not legible then the figures from today are as follows :

1 - 01.25 (3.31 min/km) (HR 149)
2 - 01.26 (3.35 min/km) (HR 163)
3 - 01.30 (3.41 min/km) (HR 166)
4 - 01.31 (3.44 min/km) (HR 163)
5 - 01.32 (3.48 min/km) (HR 167)
6 - 01.33 (3.50 min/km) (HR 166)
7 - 01.33 (3.49 min/km) (HR 167)
8 - 01.33 (3.52 min/km) (HR 169)
9 - 01.31 (3.44 min/km) (HR 170)
10 - 01.29 (3.35 min/km) (HR 171)

Alright let me know your thoughts. I will ofcourse work out splits for the other runs based on this.
Cheers
Gaz

Not sure which training program - TheEd - 02-03-2016

an improvement, but do note that the early start could very easily have a affected you

on we go

TheEd
[I]edit: by the way, do not speed up the sessions, look to run them at the same pace but focus on relaxing at speed while maintaining pace. If you go through the sessions well, then you can look at things differently in other parts of the program[/I]

Not sure which training program - BlakeRunner - 03-03-2016

Thanks

I did the 4k trial the same time of day as before so my "chronobiological" influence should have been the same. Yes you have a good article on that.

x5 - 2Ks ®90 tonight. cant wait :rip:

Not sure which training program - BlakeRunner - 04-03-2016

5 X 2000m R90s (7.50 / 3.55km) T

Hi there The 'Ed'

How are you doing ?
I hope you've had a good week.

I'm working my way through another cycle of the sub 40. As advised I haven't changed pace times based on the latest 4k time trial.

Last night I completed the 5 x 2000 ®90s.

I felt strong and optimistic. I was better with pace but I'm still pretty bad i think. I also made a mistake by picking a section of the route where I had to run 1km and then turn around and then run the other 1km to make the 2km interval (this was in order to avoid the hilly part of the route). The slowing and turning at the end of each 1km has interfered with the average pace (yes I know i didnt think). And for this reason I dont feel the figures are as accurate as they should be (since you only have to slow for a second to below your target pace and then that pace will be calculated into the average).

I have figures attached for you. I apologise, as Im still not helping myself by making mistakes with an ideal route. I know I said that i would go to the track but it was not possible yesterday morning and so I had to run the same place as before. The same location and path as before but avoiding the hills.

ATTACHED:
CYCLE02_DAY03_X5_20000_®90_SPLITS.jpg
CYCLE02_DAY03_X5_20000_®90_HR copy.jpg

Here's a good thing though. I didnt feel totally battered at the end and i didnt have the lactic build up during the run. I ran home tired but still able. it did end up being a long run though for me. I made an effort to run the last 2km faster and each 2km towards the end I would speed up for the last 100-200m. Heart Rate averaged between 160-170 on each work 2km interval.

I was thinking perhaps I could do the session again instead of the 1km session ?
Any advise most welcome
Alright speak soon
Gaz

Not sure which training program - BlakeRunner - 09-03-2016

x6 - 1000m ®60

Hi there 'The Ed'

I went through this session rather badly I think although I felt it was ok (at the time).
I was constantly checking the watch for pace and upped the pace whenever I saw that the pace shown was above 4.00. Most of the time I thought it was actually around 3.50 but it seems I was wrong as the figures here attached tell a different story.

I couldn't make it to the track so had to do this session on the road this time. Unfortunately.

ATTACHED:
CYCLE02_DAY08_X6_1000_®60_HR.jpg
CYCLE02_DAY08_X6_1000_®60_SPLITS.jpg

I did feel at the beginning I was quite fluid and went along quite nicely. The last couple I felt sluggish and had to drive my legs forward. I tried to make sure my form wasnt compromised. This is contrary to last time where I had a days rest before (due to a missed 30min run) so perhaps this time round I was a bit more tired as the day before it was an easy 10k.The other difference is that previously it was on track which I guess is generally slightly faster.

Ill learn hmm

Anyways if you have any advice let me know.
Cheers
Gaz

Not sure which training program - TheEd - 11-03-2016

look rather to feeling comfortable, for an easy session, start your run, focus on being relaxed and then running feeling as comfortable as possible

then after the run compare the stats

enjoy the runs, don-t make them so technical

keep it simple and long/term everything will fall into place

TheEd

Not sure which training program - BlakeRunner - 11-03-2016

EASY 60mins

Thanks for the advice Ed

Here are stats from last night. I'm not sure if its my imagination but I seem to be more uncomfortable on longer runs when im going really slow for this reason I just went at a pace i was comfortable with rather than making it really easy. That said I would still consider the session an easy run. Other than feeling really hungry the run didnt trigger any voices in my head. I did a couple of 400m tempos at the end to get up to 60 mins.

CYCLE02_DAY10_EASY60mins_STATS.jpg
CYCLE02_DAY10_EASY60mins_SPLITS.jpg
CYCLE02_DAY10_EASY60mins_HR.jpg

Speak soon then and I hope you have a great weekend.

Not sure which training program - TheEd - 13-03-2016

do remember, easy pace up to 60 minutes is often considered to be around 1 minute per k slower than what you would race 10k in currently

all looks good and hopefully you have a few events to race quite soon

TheEd

Not sure which training program - BlakeRunner - 17-03-2016

PROGRAM SCHEDULE: 5K PACED RUN - AIM SUB 20 (no faster than 19.10)

Hello 'The Ed'

I've mentioned before that doing an a.m Park Run or any morning run Saturday is not something I can commit to so at any random time on this day I do a paced run although its not exactly 5k. i hope thats not a problem.

I do a XC run (6.58km) at any random time when I can fit it in on this day.

Attached :
CYCLE02_DAY12_PACED_RUN_SPLITS.jpg

I did a time of 28.08. My quickest time on this run is 27.07 and I will add that this was in dry conditions where this time was done in the wet and it was boggy in places.

HR dropped out so I have nothing to show on that.

I have a couple more runs to post up later.
Gaz

Not sure which training program - TheEd - 17-03-2016

See if you able to set-up a 2k loop that you can run twice for your 4k assessment run, as that would be beneficial on occasion

hope all is going well

TheEd