Running Information Forums
I want to run faster! - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: I want to run faster! (/Thread-I-want-to-run-faster)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

I want to run faster! - AndrewL - 23-05-2018

Day 7: 6.22km - 30:00
Day 8: Rain - 50:00 on stationary bike
Day 9: 6 x 1km 60r

1) 3:45
2) 3:45
3) 3:45
4) 3:53
5) 3:53
6) 3:52

I was aiming for 3:55 each, so was a bit fast at first. I need to get back in the pace groove a bit. Anyway, I generally felt good, but the last one had me huffing and puffing a bit. Still, I feel pretty good about it.

I want to run faster! - TheEd - 24-05-2018

HI Andrew,

a very solid session, nice going

on we go

TheEd

I want to run faster! - AndrewL - 28-05-2018

On Saturday I ran a quick 5k as the schedule said, and had a terrible result: 20:47. The first km was on pace at about 3:55, but then I couldn't even get my second km under 4 minutes. It was hot and windy, and I guess I was also having a bad day because judging by my 4km pace I should be just about at 20 flat. Anyway, I have no race scheduled for this upcoming Saturday so I will run another 5k and hopefully get a better result.

On the bright side, I had a really smooth, relaxed 60 minute run yesterday. I assume that I will be more consistent as I increase my fitness level, but it is kind of frustrating.

I want to run faster! - TheEd - 28-05-2018

Andrew, don't put so much pressure on you involving results based performance

instead be happy you running again and becoming consistent

create achievable short-term goals, so that you are able to build on from there

don't set a goal which may not be achievable

on we go

TheEd

I want to run faster! - AndrewL - 02-06-2018

I reached the end of the first training cycle today, YAY! (Ok, I have two more cool down days, but I did all the hard parts Smile) Anyway, Due to spring weather no agreeing I had a couple hiccups, but mostly everything went well. I hit all my goal times except the 5 x 2k and I did have a bad 5k time last week.

However, for the 'race day' today I hit 19:55 in a 5k (by myself, no race), which is more or less where I want to be right now. It is my first sub 20 of the year, and makes me feel a bit more positive about my improvement.

Now, back to the beginning of the cycle. Smile

I want to run faster! - TheEd - 07-06-2018

Hi Andrew, hopefully you happy with your progression Smile

as you are making meaningful progress

TheEd

I want to run faster! - AndrewL - 07-06-2018

Just finished day 3 of the cycle. Faster than last time, but still didn't manage to hit the 4:05 splits.

1) 8:00 - 3:55/4:05
2) 7:59 - 3:57/4:02*
3) 8:09 - 4:03/4:06
4) 8:24 - 4:07/4:17
5) 8:35 - 4:10/4:25

*I accidentally stopped about 50 meters early on km 4. I forgot how to read the Garmin Sad. Still the watch said I was at 4:01 pace, so I estimated 4:02. This kind of screwed up my head a little bit too, and I think it slowed me down a bit in the next round. Still, I had nothing left at the end of the fifth interval, so I am confident I did my best.

I want to run faster! - TheEd - 08-06-2018

Andrew, you moving in the right direction

start focusing on the positive of becoming consistent and then the times will follow, you have truly come a long way

on we go

TheEd

I want to run faster! - AndrewL - 10-06-2018

Day 5 long run complete.

Actually, Saturday was really stormy so I rode the indoor bike for a while because I didn't want to get struck by lightning. Sunday (day 6 then) I did the long run.

82:30 - 15.70km

I prefer to run for 90 minutes, but I tried a new loop that ended up being shorter than I had thought. Still, it was a good run, and nice to run a different course than usual.

I want to run faster! - TheEd - 12-06-2018

Hi Andrew, you progressing well

make sure to monitor your recovery and maintain your legs on your easy and days off

onwards

TheEd