Running Information Forums
10K Sub 50 Min goal - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: 10K Sub 50 Min goal (/Thread-10K-Sub-50-Min-goal)

Pages: 1 2 3

10K Sub 50 Min goal - TheEd - 10-12-2017

nice feedback, and may santa be kind

The 1k session is normally 10 seconds per km quicker than the 2k session

so for now 4.55 to 5 minutes per k should be 'doable'

enjoy

TheEd

10K Sub 50 Min goal - Octopus - 12-12-2017

Hi There,

Just came home from the 1k session, and this was the hardest I'v done so far! During one interval I kept thinking "why am I doing this to myself", while others felt easier.

The idea of running at this speed for 10 km seems impossible at this stage, and it's hard to believe that I every will. Nevertheless, it was fun to run intervals at under 5 m/km and just see that number 4 on my watch for once. Hopefully the training will bear fruits.

Here are my stats:

Pace/max heart rate/heart rate after rest
1. 4.56 /159/ 117
2. 4.54 /163/ 123
3. 4.52 /166/ 124
4. 4.55 /165/ 127
5. 4.52 /167/....

I am surprised to see the split times as the average speed when running was 4.55. I just put my watch on pause in the rest time, and work of the average pace of the session. It does not allow for splits.

What do you suggest for the 5K session on Saturday?

Cheers,

Jan Gustav

10K Sub 50 Min goal - TheEd - 12-12-2017

Jan, the 1k session is to develop 5k speed which is aimed at making your future 10k pace more comfortable

this was a big jump in the pace that you are normally used to, and your session was in fact a very good session

for the paced run on Saturday, what are your thoughts towards this?

ideally I would not like for you to 'over-cook'

TheEd
ps.. be proud of yourself the session was more than decent

10K Sub 50 Min goal - Octopus - 13-12-2017

Hi TheEd,

Thanks for nice feedback. To post on this site makes running much more motivating for me.

I compared the 5k times on the sub 55 min and the sub 50 min program, and think I feel like I am in between. Was thinking to aim for a 26:15 min 5k paced session. This is 30 seconds slower than the time trial I did. Maybe my shape has improved, but better to be a bit careful and wait until a new test next week to get feedback on that. Does this sound ok?

Todays 30 min run:

6.21 m/km
Average hr: 133
Distance: 4.72km

Until next time!

10K Sub 50 Min goal - TheEd - 13-12-2017

wise of you to set a slower time for this week

hopefully you begin to feel 'lighter' from the weekend on

TheEd

10K Sub 50 Min goal - Octopus - 17-12-2017

Hi There,

Went out for my 5k paced run yesterday, and its was really really hot. Our days are now above 30 degrees. Normally during the week I don't run until 5.30 so that's a much better time really. Weekends can make this a bit harder. I suppose I could get up really early on the Saturday, but a little sleep in is very tempting after the work week!

Since we went out to a concert last night I could not wait until after sunset. The 5k run was quite hard and I was sweating like pig! I finished the run in 26:13 min. Average bpm was 161. It did feel like I was working harder than that. Legs were tired yesterday, but I feel find today. Now we are off to a family BBQ and I will do my 10k easy run tonight. Looking forward to a late run when its cooler. Running in the heat is quite hard, but I know that great feeling when it cools down and it feels like you are suddenly in much better shape!

Looking forward to my park run next Saturday, and to start the 10k running events in the beginning of March!

Have a great Sunday!

10K Sub 50 Min goal - TheEd - 19-12-2017

how things going now .. feeling better

park run to come

here's to good running conditions Smile

TheEd

10K Sub 50 Min goal - Octopus - 20-12-2017

Hi TheEd

Felt fantastic today on my 30 min slow run. Checked my bpm after the run and it was 142 bpm average and speed was 6.22 min/km. Looks like it should have felt harder than my other easy runs judging by the stats on the Tom Tom, but it was really relaxing and I was smiling and daydreaming while running, which is really nice after work. Legs felt really light.

I'm exited about the Park Run on Saturday.

I watched this video the other day, and its amazing to look at the performance of some of the worlds best marathon runners. Not sure if you have seen it before. Doesn't seem like I can post links until post number then, so I'll try to put the link in another post below

10K Sub 50 Min goal - Octopus - 20-12-2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2ZLG-Fij_4

10K Sub 50 Min goal - TheEd - 20-12-2017

great to hear things are feeling good

will look at the video, as I am writing about Eluid Kipchoge at this moment Smile

all the best

TheEd