Running Information Forums
Sub40 10k training (General inquiry) - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Sub40 10k training (General inquiry) (/Thread-Sub40-10k-training-General-inquiry)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Sub40 10k training (General inquiry) - TheEd - 10-04-2018

Hi Mitchel, I do believe you may be running at too hard a pace for now

so do monitor yourself

TheEd
ps.. after these 2 weeks, you can look to do the final week of the Build-up program

Sub40 10k training (General inquiry) - MitchelC - 19-04-2018

Hi ed!

Done with the 2-week off period. Body feels fresh. No injuries whatsoever. Just started the build-up period now. Just did 1hr easy earlier. In a few days from now, ill be doing the '
5x8min paced at 75% effort with 2min easy'. Id like to know wjat you mean by 75% effort?

Also , ill be doing some hills in a few days from now. The problem is there are no hills near my residence. Any alternative session i can do? How about a treadmill with incline?

Thanks!

Sub40 10k training (General inquiry) - TheEd - 20-04-2018

if you do the session on the treadmill, then set the incline between 3 to 5 and then do a rolling hills session, so 5 to 8 minutes at the incline, after a 10 to 15 minute warm up with the incline at 1 ..

after the 5 to 8 minutes at incline, lower to 1 and run 5 minutes at that level

then increase back to 3 to 5 and run 5 to 8 minutes at that incline

do this 4 to 5 times according to how you feel

All good?

TheEd
ps.. if we working off heart rate (on average) 75% effort would be around 160bpm .. the effort would be personal but it is also not meant to be at an effort which is not too hard

Sub40 10k training (General inquiry) - MitchelC - 20-04-2018

Got it! Thanks so much for the quick response!!

Sub40 10k training (General inquiry) - MitchelC - 23-04-2018

Hi ed!
Just did my 4k time trial today.
Here are the splits:

1st km: 4:06
2nd km: 4:19
3rd km: 4:24
4th km: 4:26

Similar to my PB last month, but was 21 degrees celcius then. Heat is extreme nowadays in my area, 33 degrees celcius during this run. Evening though, so it's fine with me. About to be done with 1week of buildup.
P.S. worked out my training paces using the http://www.time-to-run.com/training/10k/programtips.htm Everything's pretty much the same.

Looking forward to sub40 10k training!!! Very excited!

Sub40 10k training (General inquiry) - TheEd - 28-04-2018

looking forward to hearing about your sessions

TheEd

Sub40 10k training (General inquiry) - MitchelC - 28-04-2018

I just did 5x2000m. Despite the fact that i dont feel pain anymore, i cant seem to maintain a pace that is 4:25min/km. I got so tired and slow and eventually discontinued just after the start of the 2nd 2000m. 1st 2000m was beyond pace required by 20 seconds. Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Sub40 10k training (General inquiry) - TheEd - 29-04-2018

OK, lets cut this back

start Day 1 on Tuesday .. do 20 to 30 min runs and on Tuesday look at doing 1hr to 70 minutes easy running

then Thurs: 4 x 2k @ 4.30 to 4.40 per k Rest 90 seconds

start at 4.40 and then if you feeling strong then speed up

focus on getting the session done, don't create any negative thoughts. Do the full 4 x 2k to build on

cheer up as these things happen and we can fix it

TheEd

Sub40 10k training (General inquiry) - MitchelC - 29-04-2018

Thanks theEd, Appreciate the motivation!! Smile will cut back to day 1 on tuesday! Im just wondering. What do you think about indoor runs? Cause it's really getting real hot outside, 32 degrees celcius!! I tried to do my long run earlier, but pace was beyond 7:00 min/km. Im seriously considering treadmills for the rest of the summer season. Help!

Sub40 10k training (General inquiry) - TheEd - 30-04-2018

If it makes you feel more comfortable, then treadmill run

This is what the Nordic country runners do during winter, it is difficult to adapt to the treadmill training at first but as long as you able to develop consistency, then all is good

runners do often experience calf muscle issues in adapting to the treadmill, so there may be a few challenges as you progress

onwards and forwards

TheEd