Running Information Forums
Few questions about the 10k program - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Few questions about the 10k program (/Thread-Few-questions-about-the-10k-program)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Few questions about the 10k program - TheEd - 19-05-2010

yes, there is no need to consider going quicker than 20:10 for the paced run and even 21 minutes is fine if need be

enjoy

TheEd

Few questions about the 10k program - odileariel - 19-05-2010

Hi.i

Tx for the quick response !!

I'll update u after the 5K + 400s session.

I've registered for a 10k race next Friday. It supposed to be a cross country course and a warm day so I don't expect a great result but I want to get back to a race routine...

Ariel

Few questions about the 10k program - TheEd - 19-05-2010

then all you need to do is roll the last 3 days back by 1 day ..

cheers

TheEd

Few questions about the 10k program - odileariel - 24-05-2010

Hi there.

Pls find the update about the 2 sessions:

5K :
Felt "comfortably hard", pushed in the last km. Splits were: 4:02,4:02,4:07,4:03,3:51 for a total of 20:05.

400s:
Felt very strong. I've hold myself in the first 5 sessions even though I was faster than the range that u recommended..
Splits were: 85,85,84,83,83,83,80,80,80,76
Maybe the marathon is finally going away from my body Smile

I've registered for a 10k race this Friday. What would u recommend for a range of the result (before adjusting for a warm day and a cross country course...) ?

In addition, would u recommend to do the next cycle intervals at the same pace (at least for the 2000s I need to start slower this time...)?

Tx in advance,

Ariel

Few questions about the 10k program - TheEd - 24-05-2010

Ariel, I wouldn't look to push too hard over a course which may be hot as well as difficult, it may still be too close to the marathon

so what I would recommend is to start slightly more slowly and build up your pace, looking to run the 2nd half faster

don't attach an expected time to the event and see what you end with

TheEd
ps.. going towards this week consider a 30 to 40 minute relaxed run with the last 15 minutes at anticipated race effort .. then toll the last few days down to the event ..

Few questions about the 10k program - odileariel - 24-05-2010

Sure. Will do accordingly.

I will update u after the race, and I will start another cycle of 3 weeks after the event.

Ariel

Few questions about the 10k program - odileariel - 28-05-2010

I've run the race today at 41:15... I'm not disappointed as I didn't expect any good result today (not sure if the marathon impact is still there, and it was a cross country race w sand etc..). It was ~2:30 min. slower than my result 3 months ago...

Anyway, I'm getting back to work by starting another 3 weeks cycle.. Will try to do a better (more balanced) 2000s session this time Smile

Have a great weekend.

Ariel

Few questions about the 10k program - TheEd - 28-05-2010

wouldn't read too much into the 10km and would consider focusing on good recovery before the 2000's next week

cheers

TheEd

Few questions about the 10k program - odileariel - 01-06-2010

Hi.

I've done the 2nd 2000s session. Unlike the first time I've run the first 3 session much more conservatively and felt much better Smile

My times were: 7:55,7:55,7:52,7:53,7:47.

Apologizing for writing this for any session that I'm doing, but it's very warm over here in the summer (around 30c even in the morning...), so I guess it has some impact on my time....

Ariel

Few questions about the 10k program - TheEd - 01-06-2010

Hi ariel, nice session ... I do believe you should have done Day 3 on Thursday however you have placed it on Tuesday, so you may need to reshuffle to get Day to fall on Saturday

so for Thursday, consider doing 60 to 75 minutes easy

slotting back to Day 5 on Saturday with long run on Sunday

please ask questions for clarity

TheEd
ps.. the 2k session was neat