Running Information Forums
Sub 40 Min Training - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Sub 40 Min Training (/Thread-Sub-40-Min-Training)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Sub 40 Min Training - ihenman - 23-05-2012

TheEd Wrote:well to a certain extent you did jump towards the 21km, so there was expected to be a few setbacks but I don't think it will have damaged your next couple of 10k races that much

I did jump Smile I got in 4 good 2 Hour runs which ranged from 22-26K but the rest of my training was just the regular cycles.

Will provide feedback next week and work on recovery this week.

Thanks for all the insight and assistance.

Ian

Sub 40 Min Training - ihenman - 25-05-2012

Feeling pretty good today. Ran Wed & Thurs E-runs just under 5 MIN/K pace and under 150 BPM HR. Try for tomorrow and Sunday little longer and then assess moving back to quality sessions next week.

Sub 40 Min Training - ihenman - 19-08-2012

Howdy, long time no post from me.

Wanted to just provide some updates on this season.

I've modified my training a bit since i ran the 21K's back in Feb & May. I've sort of taken your 3 week cycle and worked in some stuff "Daneils Running Formula" and developed 4 Phase training plan that is taking through to the end of this season. Results have been good so far. My goal is to break 36 by end of season.

Races this season have been:
July 8th 10K - 38:00 - 3:48 Pace (Was disappointed here but I went out to fast I learned the power of the Negative Split after this race!)

August 6th 6 Miler - 36:11 - 3:45 pace (this was a 3 x 2mile loop race so I executed a race plan to take it out slower and gradually speed up and it worked out well)

August 19th 1-K - 36:48 - 3:41 pace (Again executed a negative split today 18:24 and 18:20, theres another few meters added in there on my watch some where, was happy with this and getting close to my PB last summer of 36:15)

Something else exciting is that I was named to our provincial Timex team to attend nationals in September. I didn't actually qualify based on finishes in the race series, I got a raffle award Smile but I'll take it. I am excited as this will be a race unlike anything I have run before. 1-2 in this race last year was Reid Coolset and Eric Gillis (on Canada's Marathon team last weekend at Olympics) so a very competitive field which should help me ran a great time!

I've been doing this on 5 days of training a week and 50-65K a week, so not too heave and no double days. I'm still taking the 2 days off because I will once and a while still have the pain in my shin I experienced a couple of years ago.

Anyways just an update! Thanks TheEd again for all of your assistance over the past couple of years.

Cheers,

Ian

Sub 40 Min Training - TheEd - 20-08-2012

good to hear your running is healthy and you having fun, long may it continue

TheEd

Sub 40 Min Training - ihenman - 25-09-2012

Hey TheEd,

Just wanted to post an update as the season is beginning to wind down.

Ran at the Canadian 10K nations this past weekend... A nasty nasty course that was extremely slow (running through a zoo). I saw the post on this site today about Reid Coolsaet's win at that race. Even he ran a 30:24 (a slow time for someone who can run 28 min on a track).

None the less I ran a 36:23 which I was happy with.

Just the weekend before though I PB'd with a 35:53 10K on a course closer to home I was familiar with.

I have one more 10K in a couple of weeks time. I'm pretty confident I'm in shape to run sub 35:30, but we'll see what the running gods have in store for me that day.

All in all it's been an awesome season. Haven't yet got those 2K's below 7 mins each but am flirting with it Smile .

With a strong off season I'll be shooting for well under Sub 35 Min next year!

Cheers,

Ian

Sub 40 Min Training - TheEd - 26-09-2012

most certainly Ian .. sub 35 is well in your range

maybe you would like to consider starting a new thread with the mention of aiming for a sub 35 minute 10k?

grand to hear you had a decent season

good stuff

TheEd

Sub 40 Min Training - ihenman - 26-09-2012

Good idea, new thread Smile Been using this one for 3 seasons now.