Running Information Forums
How to train - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: How to train (/Thread-How-to-train)

How to train - Raginglynx - 21-07-2011

I feel strong and confident. Not any problem with the achilles. No fatigue at all today. But the runs are tough. For many reasons. The climate, among other things.

Tomorrow morning I will run again. Let's see how I feel on that one Smile

rgds,
Christian

How to train - TheEd - 21-07-2011

this is good to hear

TheEd

How to train - Raginglynx - 24-07-2011

On the fridays run it went well.. I got very tired though. After 30 minutes I was really tired, the last 10 minutes were unbearable. Still I didn't try to force anything.

Fri 22 July – Easy run in fuzhou

1:00 – 12.36 km – 4:51 min/km – 164 in avg hr

On today's run the heat was just too overwhelming. After the big lap I had to break. I seldom feel as strong here as back home in Sweden. I never seem to adapt properly. In July the heat is at it's worst here.

The niggles also seem to come and go at will. It doesn't matter how easy I take both in life and in my running and what I do to try to make it better. They never get worse though. Maybe it even isn't the achilles. The orthopedic didn't say - just a swelling and that it would be better in two weeks. It has gone more than 2 and a half month now Smile
Maybe I need to revisit when I'm back home again.

Sun 24 July – Easy run in fuzhou

42:26 – 8.25 km – 5:08 min/km – 168 in avg hr

rgds,
Christian

How to train - Raginglynx - 03-08-2011

Haven't posted in some days, but I'm back home in the little "cooler" climate. Feels nice to be back with the family.

I've booked a time at the orthopedic next monday. However, today I will run a 20 min run just to increase a little. It feels that stable.

Tue 26 July – Easy run in fuzhou

1:00 – 11.65 km – 5:14 min/km – 155 in avg hr

Thu 28 July – Easy run in fuzhou

1:00 – 12.05 km – 4:59 min/km – 161 in avg hr

Fri 29 July – Easy run on threadmill at hotel in Shanghai - late evening

1:00 – 12.26 km – 4:54 min/km – 147 in avg hr

Sun 31 July – Easy run in Alingsås

1:00 – 12.11 km – 4:57 min/km – 160 in avg hr

Tue 2 August – Easy run in Alingsås

1:00:24 – 12.21 km – 4:57 min/km – 146 in avg hr

rgds,
Christian

How to train - Raginglynx - 08-08-2011

I were at the orthopedic today. He thought it was a good sign that I had increased pace during these two months and that the injury hadn't gotten worse. I told him about my 1h30min run last saturday. He thought it to be a good idea do to a long run every week and even increase the mileage, but keep down the pace if it got tough. And after two weeks I could throw in a tempo or interval run too. But like you have said he said it is wise to still go on with running every 2nd day

He didn't think it would be a problem to run the race Midnattsloppet 27/8 either.

Thu 4 August – Easy run in Alingsås

1:00 – 12.25 km – 4:54 min/km – 153 in avg hr

Sat 6 August – long run in Alingsås

1:30 – 17.82 km – 5:03 min/km – 152 in avg hr

Mon 8 August – Easy run in Alingsås

1:00 – 12.11 km – 4:57 min/km – 149 in avg hr

rgds,
Christian

How to train - TheEd - 09-08-2011

would be great to get a diagnosis from the doc .. that would be helpful

TheEd

How to train - Raginglynx - 09-08-2011

He was certain it was the achilles tendon that was the problem because of how the pain acted. He couldn't find any swelling and asked me if I had experienced any, which I haven't. But on how the pain behaves he was certain it is the achilles tendon.

He didn't say much more other than how he wanted me to proceed.

rgds,
Christian

How to train - TheEd - 10-08-2011

any reason as to why it is taking so long?

would be good to be able to move forward without 'hitches'

Cheers

TheEd

How to train - Raginglynx - 17-08-2011

Yes it would Smile

He said it takes long since I am running myself through the injury. But he recommended it. If i wouldn't have he said the probability of an even greater injury could come since I would've stop running and thus making the body once again used to not having the workload.

So when I would have started running again the process of gaining fitness would take much longer time and be much more risky.

He didn't believe my achilles tendon was in any risk by running the way I've done and do

Now I've also done a 3x2k session and a 90 min easy.. I was on vacation in Sweden and haven't had access to Internet. But it all went very good. I will post my data later Wink

rgds,
Christian

How to train - Raginglynx - 23-08-2011

On saturday I have a 10k race.. I don't expect any miracles, but I hope for a time around 40 mins.

I've run long runs two times the last three weeks and last saturday I ran a 3x2k run at a pace slightly below 4:00 min/km.

Yesterday I ran 1 hr at 5:00 min/km pace..

Tomorrow I thought I'd run the 30 min easy and 6x1 min race pace with 1 min easy in between..

Hope all is well with you.

rgds,
Christian