Running Information Forums
How to train - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: How to train (/Thread-How-to-train)

How to train - Raginglynx - 03-04-2012

Now there's been another two strange weeks. First I had stomach flu. Then when I were free from that and up and running I did 2k intervals and found that there were something strange going on in my body. The bpm wasn't at all as it should. I had to skip it and instead I took it easy for some days.

Now I'm up again and today I will try to do the 2k intervals. Let's see how it goes. I feel confident, though I have a little muscle ache in the back from digging up at the house lot Big Grin

How to train - Raginglynx - 04-04-2012

Weren't running yesterday. Things came in between. I also realised the 2k intervals should be on the thursday :S, that is tomorrow.

Today I'll go out on a nice 12k easy run in the cold April weather of western Sweden. I think it'll be a lunch run Smile

How to train - TheEd - 04-04-2012

look forward to the 2k feedback

TheEd

How to train - Raginglynx - 11-04-2012

We were striken by a sudden snow-storm during the easter holiday, so no 2k and no running. On the Saturday I went on with the 12k easy again.

DAY - DIST - TIME - AVG HR - AVG PACE

Mon - 12km - 59:22 - 158 - 4:57
Tue - Lacked the time
Wed - N/A - 1:00:00 - 162 - N/A
Thu - Too bad weather
Fri - Too bad weather
Sat - 12km - 57:02 - 151 - 4:46
Sun - 12km - 55:42 - 152 - 4:37
Mon Skipped due to lack of time
Tue - 12km - 57:06 - 157 - 4:41

rgds,
Christian

How to train - Raginglynx - 13-04-2012

did the 2k intervals yesterday. It went pretty ok, but I had to take a pit-stop during the 4th interval and visit a toilet. That can be considered to show a result that isn't totally true since I had time to rest for a couple of minutes there.

On the other hand the running before it had to pay some too

I will try to remember to update with the lowest hr values during rest in between later.

LAP - TIME - DISTANCE - PACE - HR - HR AFTER REST
1 - 7:52 - 2.01 - 3:55 - 155 -
2 - 7:46 - 1.98 - 3:56 - 165 -
3 - 7:53 - 1.99 - 3:57 - 168 -
4 - 7:48 - 1.99 - 3:56 - 162 -
5 - 7:47 - 2.00 - 3:54 - 172 -

rgds,
Christian

How to train - TheEd - 13-04-2012

that isn't too bad a session

here's to things going well from now on, particularly that summer is coming

Cheers

TheEd

How to train - Raginglynx - 29-04-2012

Have been sick (cold with dizziness, coughing and sore throat) from the thursday 19th. The 1k intervals I did that week were very promising. Too bad I got the cold.

On top of that I found out that the Gothenburg half marathon is 12th May instead of around th 20th which it usually is. That means I have only two weeks left.

Should I do a 2k session this week and 1k session the race week?
Or should I do 2k this week and ordinary race week next week?

I'm really up for getting a good time on the race. At least around 1:25 I think I should be able to manage.

Today I worked 7 hours on the house. Heavy physical work - digging stones. So todays 12k session was very exhausting. The first 40 minutes were pretty ok, but then it started to getting really tough.

On top of that the battery on my watch died during it, so I didn't get a time.
But I know it should've ended on around 57 minutes for 12km. But I believe that the hr was a little higher than usual due to the heavy body work earlier.

Please give me feedback on how I should handle the race on the 12th Smile

rgds,
Christian

How to train - TheEd - 30-04-2012

if you are going to do the Half, then simply do aerobic runs with the last 15 minutes at anticipated Half marathon pace

there is not much you can truly do or change though you can avoid trying to train for the half by using 'intervals'

best get some 'aerobic' confidence in

Cheers

TheEd

How to train - Raginglynx - 30-04-2012

Ok, nice Smile

Should I follow the competititve schedule Dave's written in the article?
And on every run change the last 15 min of "aerobic" running to anticipated race pace?

Then today as an example 30-40 mins today. 15-25 min at 130-140 bpm (199*0,65 to 199*0,7) and then 3:55 min/km for 15 min.

Do I get it right?

How to train - TheEd - 30-04-2012

NO .. don't follow the article Dave wrote .. that was to provide you with a better understanding Wink

only look to run on Thursday with the last 15 min faster

and on Saturday or Sunday with the last 15 minutes faster

every 2nd day ..

then the last run with the last 15 minutes faster would be next Wednesday

try not to overdo things

this is all you can do

TheEd