Running Information Forums
How to train - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: How to train (/Thread-How-to-train)

How to train - Raginglynx - 19-04-2013

Between 4/4 and 13/4 I didn't run at all.
I had the flu and it was bad..

This week I've been doing the 1 hr runs, but yesterday I couldn't do the 5x2km intervals because of weather conditions.
Today it's no better.

I will do a 1 hr run today.

Does it ruin much to do the 5x2km on the Saturday instead of the thursday as supposed?

Will I have to change the whole schedule or can I do the intervals next week on the day intended for it anyway?

Hope life treats you well down there Wink

How to train - TheEd - 19-04-2013

as it is early days you can pop the 5 x 2k session in on Saturday or better still leave the 2k session out and continue with the longer run on the weekend

BUT .. or else you can do a 4k time-trial for reference again and we can start the cycle from next week, especially as you have had a bad does of flu

hope all ok soon

TheEd

How to train - Raginglynx - 19-04-2013

I know that I shouldn't feel this way, but.. Gothenburg half-marathon is closing in and I feel that I haven't had solid running and not more than one cycle of the program as well.

I feel a little stressed about that, I know that I shouldn't though.

I still have a little higher pulse than I should after the flu.
And I still cough a little and have a runny nose, so I guess there's something still in the system, even if it's not much.

I will see how I feel tomorrow - then I'll take a decision on the 3 suggestions you had for me Wink

How to train - TheEd - 19-04-2013

if Gothenburg is a must do, then I recommend you do the build-up program and run the half off that

that is the best advice .. the aerobic benefits far outweigh doing anything else

TheEd

How to train - Raginglynx - 20-04-2013

Just so that I'm not wrong - 75% effort - that is ((max hr - min hr) * 0.75) + min hr.

Am I right?

How to train - TheEd - 21-04-2013

Christian, all depends on your current fitness levels and so you would be best off running closer to 130 to 140 bpm based on previous training

I would look towards simply getting 'time on feet'

so keep things simple and according to feel instead of being too 'training based'

the simple running will get you to the half in better shape

all the best

TheEd

How to train - Raginglynx - 13-05-2013

Been some time away from the forum..

And like you know I'm drawing towards playing futsal combined with
some running.

I've followed your advice on aerobic running when I have run. I've also thrown in a little fartlek.

The past weeks I've have looked like this

1 week:

1 day 1,5 hours soccer training
1 day 1 hour Plyometrics training
3-4 days 1 hour (approx 12 km) aerobic running (hr around or below 140)
1 day 1 hour fartlek (mostly hr around 140, but with some hill running at higher speeds and also minutes of medium speed)

How can I prepare best for the race this last week?

Just Aerobic sessions with one resting day the day before?
1 10x400 m day in the beginning of week?

Now when I haven't been running fast for a longer time it feels hard to believe I would be able to run fast for over 1,5 hour. Smile

How to train - TheEd - 13-05-2013

instead of the 400m session rather consider doing

3 x 1600m @ 10k pace effort with 3 minutes in-between

this should roll you down quite nicely towards the event

cheers

TheEd
ps.. please drop me an email or catch me on Skype

How to train - Raginglynx - 17-05-2013

I did them at wednesday. On monday I did an intense plyometrics one hour session, tuesday an hour of easy running.

Here's my data from that.

Unfortunately I got a bad torticollis during last night.
I've managed to get the neck quite moveable, but I'll have to see tomorrow if it's possible to run.

Lap - time - avg hr - max hr
1 - 6:33 - 167 - 174
2 - 6:56 - 165 - 171
3 - 6:57 - 164 - 173

On the first 1600 m I hadn't calculated what time every 400 should give at 4:20 min/km, so I just ran at a not too uncomfortable pace at that one

What do you think of it?

How to train - TheEd - 23-05-2013

how are you feeling now C?

everything a little better?

TheEd