Running Information Forums
How to train - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: How to train (/Thread-How-to-train)

How to train - Raginglynx - 06-11-2010

I'm on my way home from China now and try to adjust my dayrythm, which has lead to much too little sleep for a couple of days. I actually feel very tired today. But I think I'll try to do the 10k race on the treadmill anyway.

I had hoped I would be home by this time (stay got extended with one week), so that I would have been able to run the race-day on solid ground.

Do you think I shouldn't be running today, or run with a different plan, when I am in this condition?

regards,
Christian

How to train - Raginglynx - 06-11-2010

I went for a 10k, but from the beginning the whole body lacked energy. After 3k I gave up. I could have gone a couple of k's more, but to what use?

I haven't experienced this before - before I've always been rested before a race, even it was a practice race.
Today I've been more like a sleepwalker all day.

So how should I go on?

How to train - TheEd - 06-11-2010

take a few days rest .. and keep checking your waking pulse as well as consider an increase in your protein intake

when you new to adapting to a cycle things can go wrong that is why it is most important to focus on recovery in-between sessions

hope it all comes good soon

TheEd

How to train - Raginglynx - 09-11-2010

Hi TheEd

Now I'm back in Sweden and I have been resting for the two last days and don't feel tired at all.

My morning HR today were an AVG at 56 - however I didn't have time to lie down, so the maybe the resting HR is lower. My usual lowest is at 38

Today I think I'm gonna start with the program again.
I have intensions to aim a little lower this time than sub 40. What do you think about that?

It felt very good during all the pace/interval exercises and I'm quite sure the exhaustion in the end of the program came out of too little sleep. I felt it build up more and more. I'm also not used at working night and maybe the sleeping in forenoon doesn't give the same quality of rest. And if you also get too little sleep for some days maybe it comes down to the exhaustion i experienced.

However, now i'm back at working daytime and ready for more.
I want to reach below the 39 minutes I've accomplished this far. Maybe under 38. What do you think?

Anyway, today I will be running for 60-70 minutes.

regards,
Christian

How to train - TheEd - 09-11-2010

welcome back ..
stick to the sub 40 minute 10km program and look to maybe increase the pace by 5 seconds per kilometer, getting the balance of the program right is the secret and from what I last read you went through a little downer?

TheEd
ps.. we also back in the land Smile

How to train - Raginglynx - 09-11-2010

It felt very good!
I ran outside today in the snow (I really should get some fitting shoes for that Wink ).

Unifortunately the HR-monitor flipped out, so I didn't get a good reading.

Distance 13,58
Time 1:06:57
AVG Pace 4:46

Regards

How to train - Raginglynx - 10-11-2010

Time: 30:00 min
Distance: 6.19 km
Avg Pace: 4:51
Avg HR: 156

The actual Avg HR is lower. There's something seriously wrong with my HR, monitor - sometimes it goes nuts during running these past 3 days.

Maybe time to change battery Smile

regards,
Christian

How to train - TheEd - 11-11-2010

it's the cold weather, the watch is complaining Wink

How to train - Raginglynx - 11-11-2010

There's something strange with me. Might be the jetlag. Ever since I got home I've felt like not even 8 hours of sleep is enough. I breathe heavily, feel quite heavy in the body, feel tired all day.

Don't know - maybe it's jetlag. I have never had any so I don't know.

Anyway - the intervals today were not a success. They felt very tough
Strange thing is, now, even over 2 hours after the run, my HR is high - haven't measured, but I feels like around 90-100. Very strange.

Lap 1
Time: 7:45:56
Avg pace: 3:52
Avg HR: 164
HR after R90: 111

Lap 2
Time: 7:41:76
Avg pace: 3:52
Avg HR: 176
HR after R90: 120

Lap 3
Time: 7:47:43
Avg pace: 3:55
Avg HR: 175
HR after R90: 132

Lap 4
Time: 7:46:13
Avg pace: 3:58
Avg HR: 177
HR after R90: 147

Lap 5
Time: 7:56:70
Avg pace: 4:00
Avg HR: 181

How to train - Raginglynx - 14-11-2010

Felt pretty good. Very rainy and running soaking wet at forest-trail, but that felt overall ok Smile

Distance: 15.9 km
Time: 1:17:11
Avg pace: 4:51
Avg HR: 159

----------------------

This also felt good. I don't feel the jet-lag anymore. It kind of felt like a sickness Smile
Now everything feels like it's supposed to..

Distance: 6.32 km
Time: 30:26
Avg pace: 4:49
Avg HR: 148

regards,
Christian