Running Information Forums
Gabba Gabba Hey Ho let's - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Gabba Gabba Hey Ho let's (/Thread-Gabba-Gabba-Hey-Ho-let-s)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: Gabba Gabba Hey Ho let's - TheEd - 07-01-2020

Hi Anbu, you can continue with the 5 x 1k session if it was on this day of the program, unless you feeling under the weather or your heel needs more time to recover

I take it you have a higher foot arch than normal?

deal with all the issues now, a few days recovery won't throw things out

TheEd

RE: Gabba Gabba Hey Ho let's - Anba - 08-01-2020

good day coach,
I'm taking rest today also, regarding my feet, im on the contrary type..my left is flat and right seems to have some resemblance of an arch but its nearly flat...will try to post a pic of my well worn shoes...around 700+k mileage in them

RE: Gabba Gabba Hey Ho let's - shadydaz - 08-01-2020

Anba, read my last post on my thread. My trainers have no where near as much wear as this and I can feel they are shot already they are just getting to about 800km. They are only 6 months old but the wet weather here soaking the soles and them drying out repeatedly, has tempered the cushioning and it has now stiffened up!!

RE: Gabba Gabba Hey Ho let's - Anba - 08-01-2020

Oops...
Sorry I forgot to mention , those are my retired shoes... I'm not using them anymore...I.just posted to show the areas that experience much wear..since I supinate and mid foot striker...and that spot on my right heel is where I usually experience heel pain after hard workouts...
Currently
I have about 12 shoes that I rotate regularly, with variety of drop for workouts, long and easy days

RE: Gabba Gabba Hey Ho let's - Anba - 09-01-2020

Cycle 3 sub 50
Day 11
Waking pulse=50
30' 16 "mins easy
Avg Pace=7'29
Avg Pulse=123
REP=5
Breakdown

interval | Time | Pulse |
1k 7:54 |121
2k 7:21 |120
3k 7:14 |125
4k 7:25 |125
Easy run, initially i used a new shoe which initially when i was using it indoor felt ok with good cushioning but after 5 mins, I've experienced a slight shooting pain along the the inner ankle, this might be , because i was trying to alter my foot landing from toe ball to more midfoot. The shoe is heel heavy, Ihigh drop, so I suspect that the weight of the might have caused it, i went back home, quickly changed into a lighter lower drop, ...my racing flats...the run was ok...
heel wise, during run not that painful..more like a dull ache. I have been having this issue from last year...comes and goes...unless it was very painful like what I had experienced on Monday...
resting tomorrow looking forward to
Saturday 5k Paced run..
p/s regarding my higher pulse im suspecting if its because of some software update glitch on my watch, usually i will use my watch to get my pulse, but since last Monday update, i've noticed the pulse getting higher.Physically im feeling normal

RE: Gabba Gabba Hey Ho let's - Anba - 10-01-2020

good day coach, i might need to took more days off ..
silly me, injured my self today when I was hopping on one leg early this morning... self inflicted...
felt a very sharp pain at the back of the heel when i was hopping.
This morning, after some light strengthening exercises, i was checking if i was ok to run.
usually i will hop one one leg... i made it worse.
Now when walk or run on my toe ball i can feel the pain running across if i supinate ...pronate i cant still lift my heel with less pain..
even standing or bearing weight there is pain at the bottom of the heel at the region between the point and the end of the line

RE: Gabba Gabba Hey Ho let's - TheEd - 10-01-2020

Hi Anba, good luck with the recovery .. you shoe wear pattern is quite different .. check your leg discrepancy, whether your one leg is a fair amount shorter than the other, as this could also be a reason for the sore heel

will await feedback

regards TheEd

RE: Gabba Gabba Hey Ho let's - Anba - 11-01-2020

Good day coach,
Just went to see a PT, got treatment for the heel, ultrasound+heat+TENS...did check for leg disrepency. Legs are ok, no disrepency ...
So now just taking time off to heal the heel...
Will be doing the suggested foot exercise to strengthen it.

RE: Gabba Gabba Hey Ho let's - Anba - 15-01-2020

good day coach...
just a bit of feedback...
I have good reasons to believe this mght be a lateral side Plantar F..
1. Pain early in the mornig, or continous standing on hard surface.
2. Pain improves upon doing some stretching the calf etc
3. The pain spot is on the usual PF heel areas.
Looking back at my old log books especially last year... i have been having heel issues for some time last year. Usually it doesnt bother me during runs, so it might settle in for some weeks and goes away.
Only this time I might have aggravated it.
So now im resting and doing active recovery...
1. Stretches and exercise for the heel and foot.
2. Doing alternate days of Yoga, body weight exercises and cardio to maintain fitness...

Planing to take one week rest from running.

RE: Gabba Gabba Hey Ho let's - TheEd - 15-01-2020

Hi there Anba, Jamie H is treating his PF with taping, do look into this as a solution

TheEd