Running Information Forums
sub 40 10k - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: My Category (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-My-Category)
+--- Forum: My Forum (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-My-Forum)
+--- Thread: sub 40 10k (/Thread-sub-40-10k)

sub 40 10k - JonathanWardley - 10-07-2022

Hi Ed,
it's wonderful to be back on the forums and into the running again!
over the last two months, I have made good steady progress in the build-up phase.
Yesterday I attempted the 5k pace run but stopped at 4k as I was starting to redline myself.
I could have continued but with this Saturday fastly approaching I backed it off.
My splits were 1) 3.56 2)3.52 3)3.55 4)3.59 
not so bad as the 5x1 k intervals are still in my legs ranging from 3.37 to 3.45 pace off 2 mins recovery.
I ran 1 hour 10 mins very easy this morning and hope to get my act together Saturday morning.
Collectively I am delighted to be posting again!
all for now jon.

RE: sub 40 10k - JonathanWardley - 17-07-2022

Hi Ed,
as said my race fell apart after two kilometers probably down to an over-ambitious start.
No problems really just need a bit of rest and will start the second cycle over and out.

RE: sub 40 10k - TheEd - 08-08-2022

Hi Jon, I didn't see this post till now however we have chatted since Smile

RE: sub 40 10k - JonathanWardley - 09-08-2022

(08-08-2022, 12:10 PM)TheEd Wrote: Hi Jon, I didn't see this post till now however we have chatted since Smile

No problem Mr. ED!
We all have busy lives, just to say I will race this Sunday a 10k.
In truth not feeling that great and my focus is now to lower my 5k time as things have come to a bit of a stand still.
My focus is to hit 18 minutes for 5k by the end of this year as it will be cooler in a few months' time.
I will update again on Sunday but not expecting so much out of myself.
all for now!
Jon.

RE: sub 40 10k - TheEd - 09-08-2022

good luck Jon, try to enjoy

TheEd

RE: sub 40 10k - JonathanWardley - 20-08-2022

(09-08-2022, 06:19 AM)TheEd Wrote: good luck Jon, try to enjoy

TheEd

Hi Ed,

Just a few lines to say that I didn't race due to a foot problem!
It has taken six days of pill popping to settle things down! to be honest I wasn't really up for the race, as said I have become a little stagnant with the progress.
As it stands I have regrouped and felt it best to follow the off-period program, until the end of the month before going back on the three-week cycle.
I think a time trial would be useful to see how things are at the end of the month.

Next month should be a good starting point and with a plan to run quicker in December, and January as it's much cooler.
keeping things positive and balanced building back better as the saying goes!
all for now.
regards
jon.

RE: sub 40 10k - TheEd - 20-08-2022

Cheers Jon .. must arrange for another chat Smile

RE: sub 40 10k - JonathanWardley - 29-08-2022

Hi Ed,

sorry for the late reply!
The world of work has a grasp on me at the moment!
I have kept the last 10 days easy and ready to test the waters at the end of the month and try to hatch a plan of what paces to train at.
I hope all is well with you!
speak soon 
Jon.