Running Information Forums

Full Version: Another Sub 37....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

I´m very interested in testing out your training programm. My personal best is a 37:46 in May this year. I´m a 34 year old male, second year of constant running. Recently finished my second Marathon in Berlin in 2:57:09. HM best is 1:24:01 also this year in May. After Berlin I just took 14 days completly off and now trying to ease back into running. On 21 October is a 5k team run in which I will participate I think this should count as a time trial? From that on I thin I could calculate the paces for the training sessions like in e.g.

One question concerning the easy runs: Are they all run at a pace that should feel relaxed? Or are some moderate paced runs from any benefit for the programm?

Looking forward to hear from you!

cheers
Hi Bodinho and welcome to the forums

your data makes interesting reading and it would be interesting to read what your longest run was in your build-up to the marathon

it will certainly make matters easier stepping into the program

the 5k race will make a decent time-trial to work from

TheEd
ps.. as for paced runs .. the 10k programs are progressive and with time a number of changes occur which are only available via forum feedback .. I would recommend you start on the sub 35 minute 10k program and we change the 2k and 1k pace according to your 5k time .. please ask for further detail about the paced runs if needed
Hello Ed!

Thank you! Longest Run in the build up was 35k in 2h 55 so nearly the amount of time I spent on my feet during the marathon (did 6 x 30k runs 3x30k 2x33k and the 35k) The marathon preparation was 15 weeks. Average Km per week was about 90k with a maximum of 105k. The 10k and half marathon was a average of about 50-60k per week.

So I´m looking forward to the 5k test on sunday. I also can provide heart rate data but Ì´m not sure about hmax should be around 199-200 asuming my 10k pb was with a average of 180.

Greetings!
brilliant .. by the looks of it you have a very decent amount of running under your hood

we would recommend you try to maintain a longer run than the 10k program suggests, so if you want to maintain 25 to 30k every then certainly do so

this will help in your events above 15k and with the right amount of tinkering can be used in our future marathon program designed for those runners who have used the 10k program routines, which also includes the build-up etc

TheEd