Running Information Forums

Full Version: Revisiting the 10k programs again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hi wookie, the pulse on a run can jump allover the place .. the most important pulse to monitor is your morning pulse .. how are you feeling now? the pulse going over 225 surely cannot be accurate Smile

a bit of a mess-up with the training BUT as long as you recover OK

TheEd
(11-07-2020, 05:41 AM)TheEd Wrote: [ -> ]Hi wookie, the pulse on a run can jump allover the place .. the most important pulse to monitor is your morning pulse .. how are you feeling now? the pulse going over 225 surely cannot be accurate Smile" alt="Smile" title="Smile">

a bit of a mess-up with the training BUT as long as you recover OK

TheEd

I'll start watching the morning pulse, will report back.

Went camping with the family the day before "race day" which should have been Saturday July 18th. Was no where that I could have done a paced run. Did a 40 min slow session, on race day through some trails, was home 5 days later stiff and sore (wakeboarded on the lake) on Wednesday July 22nd, booked a family swim session at our YMCA as we can now access via appointment and tweaked my back a bit. Probably was sore from camping, boat activities, lots of car time etc. Left the following morning back to the campsite and got back last night Sunday July 26th.

Today is Monday July 27th, going to start the program again today from day 1. Back feels fine.
I leave on Monday August 17th for final family vacation, so have enough time to go through the cycle again. 

Will update - thanks again!
cheers wookie, hope the camping was a fun experience

enjoy the return to running

TheEd
(28-07-2020, 08:25 AM)TheEd Wrote: [ -> ]cheers wookie, hope the camping was a fun experience

enjoy the return to running

TheEd

Thanks

Today was day 10, had a good go up to today. Headed out for 6 mins with my daughter on her bike and.... crash. Home and settled down, bathed, bandaged by 930, now waiting for her to relax before bed.
Tomorrow supposed to be rest day and 5km pace day on Saturday
How should I approach? I maybe still get in a shorty tonight but if I don’t?
Thanks

Hi wookie, the joy of family life Wink .. go for an easy 20 minutes instead of a rest day before the 5k

please let me know if it all works out

TheEd
As I said in the crash message, had a pretty good go. Only missed one 30 minute day, due to being out of town and home late. Also my long day managed a 90 minute run, 13+kms. That's the longest since I did a 21km race in... 2012. Not sure if it took a lot out of me for a few day. We had a bit of a heat wave and my 4x2km was in +32 weather and my time/performance showed.

Going to post an image of the program showing all the days. Tomorrow is race day, unfortunately my wife is out of town today through Monday - I'm going to meet her Monday so I've got a babysitter coming tomorrow at 3:00pm so I can do my run. Not keen about doing late afternoon.

Anyway, please make a suggestion based on how I did through the program for what I should be aiming for. My first race day was June 24, 8 kms 4:36 pace. I've done the program now 2 more times, but missed race day 2 at the end of program cycle 2 when I was planning on doing a 9 km day.

Thanks, have a great weekend!
apologies if you already having a go at the 5k .. start off at 4:30 per k and see if you can work off that

TheEd
(15-08-2020, 02:30 PM)TheEd Wrote: [ -> ]apologies if you already having a go at the 5k .. start off at 4:30 per k and see if you can work off that

TheEd

Sorry if I was confusing, today is "race day" either doing 9 or 10k depending how it feels.
Thanks!
9km, ~41:17 probably a 4:35 pace.
My route was ruined. Had a course planned and at 4.1 Kms there was a fence out so I had to reroute and add a couple extra turn arounds which rattled me a bit. Also +26 C as I’m running at 3:00pm, probably then hottest I’ve ever “raced” before.
Will update tomorrow with actual data.
Thanks
(15-08-2020, 09:52 PM)wookie Wrote: [ -> ]9km, ~41:17 probably a 4:35 pace.
My route was ruined. Had a course planned and at 4.1 Kms there was a fence out so I had to reroute and add a couple extra turn arounds which rattled me a bit. Also +26 C as I’m running at 3:00pm, probably then hottest I’ve ever “raced” before.
Will update tomorrow with actual data.
Thanks

Don't have time to download the actual data as I'm leaving tomorrow am on a family trip. Didn't run today.
Tomorrow I've got a 7+ hour drive.

I'll be able to run between August 18th and the 23rd but don't want to do any paced runs or long runs. Heading out with the kids and we're spending a week on the lake, wakeboarding, fishing, swimming, don't want the legs to be tired for wakeboarding or stress people out about my having to go do paced runs somewhere. Dog is coming, so I'll take her for light 30-40 min jogs here and there and start up a new program when er return on the... 25th maybe?
Any suggestions for my leisure runs?

Have a great week!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5