Running Information Forums
To race is but a dream... - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: To race is but a dream... (/Thread-To-race-is-but-a-dream--1559)

To race is but a dream... - TheEd - 16-12-2017

you seem to be in control of your sessions, and this time of year is always know to be difficult to maintain training. So you can be happy to be getting this in

stress free and enjoyable

on we go

TheEd

To race is but a dream... - shadydaz - 16-12-2017

TheEd Wrote:you seem to be in control of your sessions, and this time of year is always know to be difficult to maintain training. So you can be happy to be getting this in

stress free and enjoyable

on we go

TheEd

I got through the session just in time as frost and ice started to settle. Park run was cancelled last night for today (my interval session are done in a different park as it is flatter, albeit not too far away). Tomorrow's long run may be interesting given the weather. Looking at maybe half marathon mileage so could be up to two hours or so nice and easy.

To race is but a dream... - shadydaz - 17-12-2017

17/12/17
20.56km
1:53:55
5:32/km
Ave HR 145
Max HR 155

Couldn't quite round it up to a half marathon distance as the need to go to the toilet was greater than the time it would have taken to run the extra few hundreds meters Big GrinBig Grin

Felt comfortable, again watch was set then hidden under a sleeve so I wasn't constantly checking it. Just counted the km marker vibration to swap hands holding the drink. Ran on feel, legs were feeling pretty good, only slightly achy from Friday. Found a comfortable pace (which worked out to be a little quicker than I Thought). Very enjoyable this morning. Temp was 0-2 degrees C. Nice and crisp with no wind. Just the way I like it Wink. HR seems a little high but the first 10 was flat and the last half undulating which was harder work but I didn't tire as much as I thought I would and held a very consistent pace through the distance except on a couple of monster climbs.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekends.

Darren.

To race is but a dream... - TheEd - 19-12-2017

nice going Daz

hopefully better running conditions coming soon, one good thing about this time of year, is that we on our way to summer from next week Wink

Big Grin

TheEd

To race is but a dream... - shadydaz - 20-12-2017

The glass is always half full, eh The Ed haha!!

Unfortunately not me me today. Had to give day 7 a miss. There is another niggle on the back of the leg leg. I can't exactly pinpoint what the problem is and it is something that has been gradually getting worse since I woke up yesterday morning. it's not sore, just s strange feeling. When driving and I change gear (Left foot clutch here) it feels like there is something just out of place above the rear of the knee. Initially I though it was just an ache from the long run on Sunday. Will be proceeding with caution the next few days. Doesn't look like the 6x1 will happen later, I can probably run the harder efforts but do not know what impact it will have. This issue may be down to the fact that the last week was my second highest mileage week since Jan this year!

The contingency plan may be scrap off this cycle. Give this leg a few days rest. Get in some base mile over the festive period and start a new cycle in the new year.

To race is but a dream... - TheEd - 20-12-2017

you mentioned the feeling appearing during the hilly run. Muscle fatigue and a few days off should sort you out

swim if you can, as that may help

keep me informed

TheEd
ps.. you didn't do a form session, did you?

To race is but a dream... - shadydaz - 24-12-2017

TheEd Wrote:you mentioned the feeling appearing during the hilly run. Muscle fatigue and a few days off should sort you out

swim if you can, as that may help

keep me informed

TheEd
ps.. you didn't do a form session, did you?

The leg has been fine for a couple of days but just held off getting back out too early and antagonising it again so left it an extra day. The plan was to get out today but I have a stiff neck and may just leave it today. All in all good news, I am ready to go again when I choose, probably Boxing Day now.

The form session was scheduled for today so. Bit disappointing not to be blue to do it. What I was doing anyway as making Bit of an effort to pull the elbows back a bit more and lower the hands.

Happy Christmas to all, hope your all have a good one and will report in once I get back to running one base mileage next week. :p

Darren

To race is but a dream... - TheEd - 27-12-2017

the plan with the long-term focus on the form session, is to actually bring better arm action into things

especially towards the end of a race etc

Big Grin

on we go into 2018

TheEd

To race is but a dream... - shadydaz - 07-05-2019

So long time no speak.

I have had a number of issues over the last couple a years and been running on/off during that time, mostly off. A mixture of things really. Health, Work, life etc.

Been running more regular the last few months. My friend at work convinced me to enter the Vitality London 10k on the 27th. That can mean only one thing. Back on training cycle as of tomorrow.

Build up pace last few weeks has been getting a little quicker -from 6min/km down to about 5:30-40min/km.

Going onto the sub 55 programme for this one. May have to be a bit flexible with the elements of the training. I like to start my cycle on a Wednesday and the race is on a Monday but if I get to race week in one piece we'll play the last few days pre race by feel.

Lets see how it goes and whether my body can hold up.

Darren.

To race is but a dream... - TheEd - 07-05-2019

Great to see you running again Daz

consider running every 2nd day and make sure you recover from hard sessions before running hard again

TheEd