Running Information Forums
Sub 50 goal but i cant seem to achieve in my training when i do a 10 km training run - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Sub 50 goal but i cant seem to achieve in my training when i do a 10 km training run (/Thread-Sub-50-goal-but-i-cant-seem-to-achieve-in-my-training-when-i-do-a-10-km-training-run)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Sub 50 goal but i cant seem to achieve in my training when i do a 10 km training run - TheEd - 10-05-2012

great Ian .. so the run down to the race would be the same as last week's race

and yes, reduce Rest to 90 seconds for 2k session

and the session will be for next Thursday, if all goes to plan

enjoy the event

TheEd

Sub 50 goal but i cant seem to achieve in my training when i do a 10 km training run - microyan - 15-05-2012

Hi TheEd,

I am quite happy with my time, my chip time was 49:33 on the Sunday's race.
I am planning to do another 10 km in Aug, so my aim is 46-47 mins so i am willing to push harder on my speed work trainings.

i am going to do the 3x2k with the 90 secs rest this coming Thursday. Do you think i should try to complete the 2 km in 9:30 instead of the 9:50 ?

thanks again for the advice.

Ian

Sub 50 goal but i cant seem to achieve in my training when i do a 10 km training run - TheEd - 15-05-2012

Hi Ian, nice going .. little steps and we will have big jumps

as for the 2k session, keep the same pace and then increase the amount to 4

enjoy

TheEd

Sub 50 goal but i cant seem to achieve in my training when i do a 10 km training run - microyan - 17-05-2012

i did the 3 x 2 km last night on Wed with 90 secs rest. I couldnt do a fourth 2km so i stick with 3. i was exhausted hhaaha ... my tongue almost get drag on the treadmill

i am not sure if still exhausted from the sunday race or exhausted because now i am taking break only 90 secs instead of my regular 2 mins rest....

so here is my log on the treadmill with 1 % incline

2 km - 9:45
2 km - 10:06
2 km - 10:01

ian

Sub 50 goal but i cant seem to achieve in my training when i do a 10 km training run - TheEd - 17-05-2012

how you feeling at the moment as you seem to be struggling to maintain this pace?

how is the consistency in your running going?

Cheers

TheEd

Sub 50 goal but i cant seem to achieve in my training when i do a 10 km training run - microyan - 17-05-2012

yeah, i am consistent in running. normally in the 2 km session i dont have much problem to maintain a 9:50 pace, but yesterday i felt exhausted even when i started the first 2 km session…i went swimming before my run, i felt alright, but as soon i started running i felt like a bit tired.

i will normally do 10 km run once a week, and focus mostly on the 5 x 1 km, 3 x 2 km and sub 25min 5km, and 30 mins easy run mainly as part of my training. i dont have much problem maintaining the pace as recommend on the sub 50 training.

However, i dont normally go for long run such as the 1Hr 45min as prescribed on your "Training towards a sub 50 minute 10K”.

ian

Sub 50 goal but i cant seem to achieve in my training when i do a 10 km training run - TheEd - 17-05-2012

Ian, if you want the most benefit, we must look to get the 2k session as a priority ..

maybe for this session, look not to expend any energy before the session

Cheers

TheEd

Sub 50 goal but i cant seem to achieve in my training when i do a 10 km training run - microyan - 15-02-2013

Hi Ed,

it has been a while since my last post. I have been running and keeping my form so far.

i am just wondering what sort of training i should be adopting now, i have been using the sub 50 for 10 km program so far but i wonder if i should push harder. i feel good on practice run on my treadmill with 1% incline. Here is my latest run:-

3 x 2k

2 km - 9:32
2 km - 9:29
2 km - 9:31

5 x 1k

1 km - 4:31
1 km - 4:28
1 km - 4:27
1 km - 4:26
1 km - 4:28

so far i have been adopting the sub 50 practice run of 3 x 2k, 5 x 1k and sub 25min 5k.

i did complete a PB 10 km 49:33 last yr, i feel that this season i am a bit better form than i was last yr. i am now doing cross training when i am not running, i am swimming or do some weights.

any suggestions how to better improve my run ? i wanna aim low like sub 49 mins this coming summer for my 10 km races.

thanks in advance.

ian

Sub 50 goal but i cant seem to achieve in my training when i do a 10 km training run - TheEd - 16-02-2013

Hi Ian, great to have you posting again

do consider a 4k time-trial or 5k race

and then from that feedback we can look to change the pace session efforts etc

do you have a specific date for any race?

cheers

TheEd

Sub 50 goal but i cant seem to achieve in my training when i do a 10 km training run - microyan - 19-02-2013

Here is my 4k time-trial i did today on treadmill 1% incline with 2 mins rest apart.

1 km - 4:21
1 km - 4:16
1 km - 4:22
1 km - 4:24

i am planning to do three 10 km races this year

April 21, May 12 and Sept 8, 2013