Running Information Forums

Full Version: Sub 35, few programme questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hi TheEd

Two things - firstly, thought I’d check in with you as it’s been a while. Another few erratic cycles over the past 8 weeks, back into the office full time but now back at home 3 days then office 2, so training plans needing to be played around with again. But, pleased to say I'm still fit. I've not progressed too much, but, I've taken about half a second off my average 5x2k splits, I’ll take that considering my training has been up and down hence not getting any gainz understandably so. Hitting the 6*1ks at the same speed still so overall I'm pleased and although I’ve not really got any quicker, in my head I’m more confident in running these speeds knowing I can sustain, so it’s all getting me closer to achieving sub 35 at some point.

Secondly, next Thursday 8th I'm booked in for a vasectomy. I’ve been informed not to run for 2 weeks after. May I ask if you've any experience with other runners on this matter and in particular recuperation period etc?

Many thanks as always,

Neil
Hi Neil, great to hear from you and to hear you still able to maintain your training during this strange year

you will be the first to report back re: surgery .. so your feedback will be our future experience Smile

good luck with the process, you shouldn't lose too much

onwards TheEd
ps.. Neil, I wondering if you would be interested in writing an article about your recovery and returning to training for us. Then we have something to refer others to in the future
pps.. you shall return a sports model
Ok i'm game for that, any pointers in terms of content structure/word count etc please let me know and I'll give it a go Smile 2 long weeks of no running ahead, need a new temporary hobby...

Neil
HI Neil, thanks ... you can write as much content as you like .. if the article is short then we will add data to it if necessary, so something from your own experience and recovery and getting back into training would be grand

thanks TheEd
Hi TheEd

Working on the article, will have it over to you soon Smile

Neil
appreciated Neil
Hi theEd

How have you been?

Update from my end. After a bit of time out post the chop (promise I'll get that article over to you soon) I followed things up by jarring my back quite badly changing my car wheel. Got back on things December, slowly and frustratingly as I'd lost an incredible amount of fitness. Started this year feeling great and after a solid start have seen great gains. Completed the 6x1k workout tonight with the 60s rests and averaged 3.17per k rep, felt comfortable and couldn't quite beleive the pace. Have very much focused on base building this year and not done many of these sessions so refreshing to see improvment.

Hope everything has been OK your end theEd.

Kind regards
Neil
magic to hear Nei .. and wonderful that you have the innate speed there .. shocking and good at the same time

thanks for the feedback TheEd

Hi theEd

Did a 5k all out this morning and broke 17, so happy, so shocked!!! It was all over the show, set off way to quick and probably ran the fastest k of my life. At 2k I was extremely close to stopping and would have quite happily put it down to not simulating a race in about 4 months so being way over keen...I somehow got through taking it 500m a time and when I got to 4k I thought im still on for a great pb so keep going! Finished in 16.58, splits of 3.11,3.25,3.31,3.29,3.22.

I'm following your programme still, but on the easy days I make sure I always run 10-12k, and I now have either longer warm ups or warm downs. I know we can double day run, but it's just not possible for me and right now I have a happy run life work balance.

I'm at 40 to 45mpw, up from 25mpw on average last year, 2 months better consistency, more miles and injury free is feeling great, I'm soaking it all in right now and buoyed by the hope that come July/August races will be back on and i can finally crack sub 35 for 10k!

Next goal now is to work towards that 16.40 5k mark, if I can hit that then I can be confident of hitting sub 35k do you think? I have the dreaded 5by2k on Wednesday so will see how close I can get to a 3.25 average per set.

Hope all is well your end,

Neil

a hefty congrats Neil .. nice .. consistency is king

actually .. a 16:40 will line you up for a sub 34 minute 10k Wink

enjoy

TheEd
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6