Running Information Forums

Full Version: Sub 35, few programme questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
That would be unreal! Still on cloud 9 after breaking 17, keep thinking to myself did I fluke it....was it because my first k was so crazy fast....if the splits had been the other way around would I have been able to have finsihed the last k in that 1st k time? Its sub 17 regardless right Smile
Hi theEd

5x2 done, I almost forgot how absolutely brutal this session is...

Every set felt hard, got through it and despite an opening km of 3.29 I averaged 3.24 overall per set so I'm delighted.

I have baby number 4 on the way any day now so I treated tonight's session as potentially my last hard session for a couple of weeks at least. I will bank good mileage taking my other ones out in the running buggy so I continue to build my base fitness which has clearly helped massively the past 2 months.

Park runs are back here in the UK on June 5th, so I've set myself a goal to join the sub 17 club on what is a tough course so its a big goal to aim for, 3 months to keep getting fitter Smile

Neil
magic Neil .. congrats on the forthcoming bundle .. I shall use your progress for the 44 year old in MrsDuck's (the good wife) group ..

onwards TheEd
(05-03-2021, 06:37 AM)TheEd Wrote: [ -> ]magic Neil .. congrats on the forthcoming bundle .. I shall use your progress for the 44 year old in MrsDuck's (the good wife) group ..

onwards TheEd

Hi the Ed

Promised myself that my next post on here would be to say ive finally cracked sub 35.....Ive finally cracked sub 35!! Wanting to say a huge thanks to you, I still follow your sub 35 plan, still enduring the 5x2k's getting them done, loving the 6x1k's as always. Almost 4 years ive finally done it! I have started to run into work and back 3 times a week, for the last 10 weeks and additionally have been running 10k race efforts every sunday, so I think the extra mileage together with consistantcy and beleiving I can do it have resulted in my 34.24 time. What a journey, feels surreal to have acheived sub 35!! Thanks again theEd!
Hi Neil, a hearty congrats .. a person of focus who endured and achieved .. well done

I showed MrsDuck the post to inspire her, they did 5 x 2k on Thursday (on a treadmill) and Tuesday they have 6 x 1000m .. which as mentioned is always fun compared to the 2k session .. finding training partners to run part of the 2000's with you is always a 'priority' to help during the low emotional times when fatigue sets in

thank you so much for updating us on the forums

much appreciated TheEd
Thanks theEd Smile

I hope MrsDuck is inspired and continues to get through the 5x2's, as youve always said they are the core and a key session to endure.

After a week off completely im back on it tomorrow. Plan is to see if I canĀ  PB across 5k,5miles and 10miles now, whilst hopefully improving the fitness. Part of me says go for sub 34 now, but the other part of me is very content saying lets keep running hard and see what happens Smile

much appreciated TheEd
Grand .. do consider doing a 2 weeks of build-up program as it lays a decent foundation to go onto the 10k program thereafter

https://www.time-to-run.com/training/10k/buildup.htm

TheEd
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6