Running Information Forums

Full Version: Sub 35
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
tis the best

at the end of the 2 weeks look to put in a 4k time-trial so we can plan the pace of the 2k session etc

enjoy

TheEd
Sounds good to me. I think I'll make it a 5k Park Run instead of 4k, though if thats ok with you? Wink
Sad to hear you didn't have the best of time here in Canada :p.

I tried looking for you but all I had was Jamieh and I saw no Jamie, didn't know your bib, your age group nor your country (thought it was UK but wasn't sure at all).

Ended just watching a friend while looking for someone named Jamie but that didn't seem to happen.

I started some swimming lesson to someday get on to triathlons, if I ever get decent enough at swimming. :taped:

Way to go! hijacking part 2 complete :jester:
Hi Jamie, what have you been doing and how is it going?

TheEd
Hello!

Sorry for the long silence. The Vegas conference was cancelled in the end... and with it the Half Marathon. So I took the opportunity for a bit of an extended off season, followed by a good 4 weeks on something resembling the build up Wink

Started back on the program as of Nov 20th, and just did the 400's this morning:

5x2kR90 (Track) 20th Nov

6:44
6:49
6:55
6:54
6:51

6x1kR60 (track) 25th Nov

3:20
3:18
3:17
3:20
3:16
3:15

5k paced park-run (hilly) 29th Nov

16:57

10x400R60 (today)

74, 75, 76, 73, 75, 74, 74, 74, 72, 69

Weight has been hovering around 79-80kg but I'm trying not to focus to much on that until after Xmas Smile

Generally legs are feeling good. Been building up the long bike miles on the weekend & running upwards of 20k for my long weekend runs (nice and easy).

Focus for now is still London Marathon in April. Before then I have 10k on 8th Feb, and a Half Marathon on 22nd March.

For my race this coming Saturday I'm planning to do Bushy Park 5k...

J
Jamie, and you know of our program towards the marathon coming off the 10k programs, yes?

6 weeks before marathon we switch to marathon specific training

what is the plan with the triathlon training?

TheEd
No I am not aware of the marathon training programme... but sounds like a good idea! 6 weeks out will be 15th March (7 days before the half marathon I have scheduled) so I'll start the mara training then and focus on 10k until then.

Serious Tri training can wait till after the marathon. I'll be keeping swimming ticking over (2-3 times per week) and biking to work + long on weekends + 1 short turbo session during the week to keep things moving.
Jamie, you need to get the long run during this period (now) up to 25 to 30k

so when doing the 10k program make the long run on Day 5 25 to 30k

this will also benefit your half marathon

please ask questions

TheEd
Got it - great will definitely work towards 25-30k for next cycle. I've been doing lots of running at 18-22k so this should be very feasible. Looking forward to it!
you only need to do the long run every 3 weeks, however you can benefit from 3 to 4 hr spin sessions on your bike for aerobic benefit

in the last 6 weeks the marathon specific training comes in, yet still maintaining the 5 x 2k session

have a great weekend

TheEd
ps.. remember to plan 1 week easy every 6 weeks