Running Information Forums

Full Version: Sub 35
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok - makes sense. Thanks. I'll focus on the end goal!
Track was closed unexpectedly today... but since I'd run all the way there I ended up doing a session around Battersea Park. It's a tarmac loop, pretty flat.

3x 2.75k off 2 mins

9:26 (151, 158, 110)
9:24 (155, 161, 118)
9:22 (152, 162, 122)

Felt good and very consistent at 3:24-3:26 pace throughout.

Rest day tomorrow and looking forward to a long run on Saturday! I was thinking 21k building to target marathon pace for the last 8-10k depending on how the legs feel? Then maybe the longest run (30k) next weekend?

Cheers,
Jamie
How did this work out Jamie?

you rolling in the right direction (and your legs are feeling good?)

onwards

TheEd
Calves were tight on Sat morning - I know better than to run fast on tight calves! - so ended up just doing an easy 20k (4:10/km). Nice easy run this evening also and legs feeling much better.

Planning to do the 1k's on Tuesday (but not crazy fast), a decent tempo run on Thurs. Marathon pace 15k on Sat and then 30k easy on Sunday - think that sounds good?
6x1k off 60 this morning at the track. No HRM.

3:16
3:13
3:14
3:14
3:15
3:12

Nice session today, kept it consistent and didn't take things to the edge (thinking towards the marathon i.e. not getting injured). Legs pretty snappy.
HI Jamie, what are your plans from here, regarding long runs etc

TheEd
Good tempo run yesterday with 20mins at <3:30 pace, not exactly 'easy' but smooth enough. Resting today.

Planning 10 miles marathon pace tomorrow (3:50-53), then 32-35k very easy (4:30/km) on Sunday. That will be longest run. Following weekend 10k marathon pace and 20k easy on the Sunday, then we are into the 2 week taper.

Ok?
very good

be sure to hydrate well

on we go

TheEd
Good sessions this weekend. 3:49 avg for 15k yesterday. Then 4:30 pace feeling easy for 31.5k this morning. Picked up to 3:55 for the last 4-5k as legs started to feel strangely good.
Things are looking good, no need to keep testing yourself now

stick to the marathon pace run being your fastest pace, no need for 5k pace test

do you plan on doing another 2k session?

TheEd