Running Information Forums

Full Version: Sub 35
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I thought you said that I should not drop the aerobic runs when I start the program? What did you mean by this? (sorry... confused!). I thought you were talking about adding in 10k's per the programme tips.

Thanks for the paces. Those 2k/1k times sound pretty comfortable (a lot slower than I have ever run them before)... I can actually look forward to them Smile
2k splits (R90, Track)

6:53
6:49
6:56
6:52
6:50

Weather: dry, moderate wind (8mph).
Weight: 78.8kg

Felt loose and relatively at ease throughout. A little faster & less consistent than we talked about, but I think the variance is mainly due to speed of first 400 in each rep. I settled into a steady at 3:30-3:35 pace for the bulk of each one.

Will try to be more disciplined on the 1k's next week and hold 3:20's.

Thx!
J
looks like you will be rolling back to speed with relatively no problems

please record your body weight as it would be good to see how that changes in accordance with the 'coming of the speed'

as for the aerobic runs .. maintain the 1hr runs but do not do a 10k run in the morning before an afternoon track session

please ask questions if not clear

TheEd
ps.. in my thought processing I am thinking ahead to the TRI or DUAthlon (regarding aerobic aspects) as well .. are you ready to consider a blog?
Cool.. will log weight in the key sessions moving forward. And definitely won't do 10k the morning of track session.

Re: the aerobic runs. Still not 100% sure I'm clear - are these 1hr runs you mention in addition to those listed on the sub-35 programme? If so when would you recommend I do them?
1hr runs replace the runs which on the sub 35 minute program

Day 2 - 30min easy run .. instead maintain 1hr runs

wherever it states 30 or 40 minutes easy running on the program

those now stay at 1hr

you ran 1hr on the build-up

you now keep that as your easy run which assists in developing the aerobic side

hopefully this is now understandable?

TheEd
Ok, got it now! Smile
1k splits (R60, Track)

3:22
3:16
3:17
3:15
3:15
3:10

Weather: dry, moderate wind (10mph).
Weight: 78.8kg (was 76.8kg after long run on Saturday - so guessing this is mostly retention)

Nice & relaxed for the first 3 (a bit too relaxed on the first one!)... then felt good so turned the screw a little for the last 3. Happy with the sesh over-all.

How do you think I should play the 5k on Saturday? (keeping in mind I'd like to run a decent 10k on April 1st + a fast 5k at the end of a sprint Tri on April 9th.)
simply run the 5k

either go out as normal or look to go out at 3.20 to 3.25 per k and see if you can pick up the pace, if you have reserve in the tank

enjoy

TheEd
16:53 in 5k on Saturday.

Weight - 79kg

It's a tough course (2k downhill, 2k uphill) & I've not broken 17 on it before so pretty happy with the result. Felt reasonably relaxed, if a little heavy...

185k cycling sportive on Sunday so the legs didn't feel great on 60min runs yesterday/today (only managed 13.5k on both!).

Hopefully will have some life back in them for 10k race next Sunday!

J
10x400 R60 (Track)

81, 74, 73, 75, 74, 73, 73, 73, 74, 69

Weight - 78.5kg

Still felt a little sluggish from the big ride, but pretty consistent once I'd got rid of the cobwebs this morning!

Question: I have the 10k on Sunday, then I have an important sprint tri (5k run) the following Monday (9th April). I was thinking about just repeating the last week of the programme next week in preparation for the Tri as I don't know if it would be wise to have the 5x2k's in my legs at that point!

What do you think?