Running Information Forums

Full Version: Sub 35
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
6x1k R60 on road this evening went great.

3:10
3:06
3:05
3:08

HRMax 155 on the first, 167 on the last. Pretty sure that's one of the fastest set of 1k's I've ever done.

Lovely conditions (almost no wind and 16-17 degrees) definitely helped proceedings.

Weight is steady around 77 and legs feeling good.

Hopefully on to a good cycle here.
Hi Jamie, this is looking good .. if you able to get the aerobic runs done without going too hard then you setting yourself up for a good marathon

try to find a 10k over the next two weeks, you switching to marathon training after the September 21k but due to you rounding off to such strong form you need to plan one week where the training is not intense and you able to sort any problems out regarding body maintenance and niggles of legs etc

from experience hopefully you know where I am coming from with this

TheEd
16:19 ParkRun on Saturday

3:21
3:09
3:19
3:37
3:15

A modest (5 second) ParkRun PB but on a hilly course with a dead turn and in some heat so bodes reasonably well.

Been taking it mostly easy since then and we're in Chamonix this week on vacation (also the UTMB trail running world championships happens to be here which is good fun to witness!).

Unfortunately I couldn't find a suitable 10k race so the ParkRun will have to suffice... I am kicking off with the 2k's tomorrow into the final cycle before the Bristol Half Marathon in September. We're at a reasonable altitude in Chamonix and only a 300m track so I'm not sure what to expect but we shall see!

Nice going Jamie, considering the course you decribed

enjoy the final prep before Bristol Half

TheEd

ps.. care to take some pics of the trail event

5x2k R90

6:50
6:53
6:59
6:59
6:57

28 degrees, 3400 feet - that was a tough session! Certainly not fast but given the conditions it still feels like a good session banked. My legs were also trashed from a 4h hike up and down an alp with my 15kg boy on my back 3 days ago! Luckily the legs actually feel better after the session.

Will try to get some photo's of the runners coming in tomorrow - unfortunately my only window for the session today was during the grand depart so I only heard the action!
Hi Jamie, when did you plan on fitting the long run in?

look after yourself, no need to break the body Wink

TheEd
Hey there,

Due to travelling back to the UK I didn't manage a proper long run but did squeeze in two 16k easy runs (am/pm) on the Saturday followed by a forced (driving!) rest day on the Sunday.

6x1k yesterday went very nicely despite some wind making them a little inconsistent and that I did them in pitch dark!

3:02
3:11
3:04
3:13
3:07

Max HR between 162 and 170 and weight is getting close to fighting at just over 76kg.

Thinking I might have a good bash at ParkRun on Saturday and get a 30k+ easy run on the Sunday before the usual taper week next week into the half marathon on the 15th?
HI Jamie, Parkrun is fine and no need for the long run if you are taking the half marathon seriously

however, if you 'bashing' the parkrun, then make sure to start off slower and build up finishing stronger, as it is of no benefit to blow while going towards the 21k

TheEd
ps.. in the week after the Bristol you can get the long run in
Quick check in ahead of the half mara tomorrow.

Park run last week was a tough 16:43 (despite being the same course/conditions as the 16:19 a couple of weeks back.. who knows?!) and I did end up sneaking in a long run on the Sunday, although as 15k very gentle with the double buggy followed by 15k steady (3:50-4:00) feeling good.

This week disjointed with travel etc. so I've only managed to do a couple of short easy runs + the 6x1min yesterday which felt pretty good. Hopefully well rested (muscles if not mind!).

Weight is good so fingers crossed the half marathon goes ok tomorrow!

Will update after the race.
Hi Jamie, how things?

TheEd