Running Information Forums

Full Version: To race is but a dream...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ouch for the fall . and hopefully it goes OK over the weekend

have you been doing only aerobic runs

TheEd
Hi,

Just what I have listed in the last post, did it not submit as I cannot see it? I am out for a bit of a run tonight then going to start.

Can you explain what you mean by Aerobic runs only please TheEd?
I can see the image thanks shady

aerobic runs excludes interval work and pace variation

on the 10k programs, there is the 2k and 1k session which forms the core of the program towards improvement

TheEd
I seem to be posting but can't see anything that I am posting.

TheEd, Can you explain what your question means please? Thanks.
Thanks The Ed,

I am thinking about switching to a 10km on Sunday which is mor local than the 10 miler!

I will be starting on the 10km sub 45 min training programme. I realise that in order to get quicker, the interval/fartlek work needs to be incorperated too. There is a 2.2km loop around a lake 5mins jog from my house I can use for the 2km intervals... still figuring out where to do the 1km ones!

The next race after the weekend is 7th June. It's a 10km closed road that runs straight past my front door. it's a 20 mins walk to the start line from my house :laugh: I hope to acheive the sub 45min on this flat course. :taped:
Hit F5 to clear your browser cache

TheEd
TheEd Wrote:Hit F5 to clear your browser cache

TheEd

Thanks, hopefully that will do the trick! Big Grin
Last nights short run:

[Image: 08-05-15.png]
I have done as much prep as I can. Bag packed. In bed. Ready to go! Carb loaded tonight. Every detail has been prepped. Looking forward to it!! Will update once home tomorrow evening. Big Grin
Well, what a day, what an experience!!

Having never ran this distance before I was a little apprehensive but my approach was as if it was a competitive training run and absorbing the experience more than anything else. It was a warm day with a light breeze. The course was flatish and everyone who turned up to compete were very friendly and in good spirits!

My target for the race was 1 hour 20 mins. Tough considering never had this distance in my legs before but anything under 1hr 30mins would have done me. It was not a chipped race so my official time of 1.20.35 varies slightly from the splits on my app below:

[Image: 2015-05-10%2016.47.49.png]

I was really happy with this and if it weren't for my club colleague asking my to slow down a bit (km 5,6 and 7) then maybe I would have just shaved under 80 mins haha! The most pleasing aspect being the last 5km run at 23m 04s!!

I have a recovery week. I am going to give a 5km parkrun a go on Saturday , hoping for sub 22mins, then from the 20th will starting the sub 45min 10km programme to build up to a 10km race on 7th June.

TheEd, given my time etc and current pace, do you think the sub 45 programme is appropriate?

Many Thanks,

Darren.