Running Information Forums

Full Version: To race is but a dream...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
good luck with new beginnings

look forward to the 2k feedback

TheEd
21-05-15

50m11s
10.01km
5.01mins per km
Evening! Time for an update: Well, due to unforeseen circumstances, things haven't gone exactly to plan the last few days. family member taken into hospital with a stroke so everything has been a little frantic. The patient is doing ok and expected to be home Tuesday. Anyway I have been out but had to swap around the programme days a little bit because of circumstances above.

Friday 22/05/15: Rest Day

Saturday 23/05/15: 5km Parkrun.
Time 21:18 splits:
km 1 4:04
km 2 4:12
km 3 4:18
km 4 4:29
km 5 4:15
It was a real struggle Sat morning. Not feeling good at all.

Today: Intervals 4 x 2km R90 @ 4.20mpk

km Pace Time Rest
1-2 4:19 08:38 68
3-4 4:20 08:40 101
5-6 4:21 08:42 89
7-8 4:04 08:08

total time including warm up and rests 45:56
Intervals only time total 34:08
Intervals with rests time 38:14

Really pleased with tonight's effort. First three intervals right on my target of 4:20pkm and still had enough in the tank to speed up last interval.

Will get long run in tomorrow.

Daz.
25/05/15

Long run.
16.58 km
1:30:52
5:29 pkm pace.

Tight left hamstring and calf. Apart from that and a few blisters felt like I could run all day at that pace :laugh:
Hamstring tight and knees aching a bit this morning. The knees will be ok. Hamstring doesn't feel bad but will have to proceed with caution. :mad:
6 x 1km intervals R60

This is how it went after warm up jog:

Int pace Rest
1. 04:07 62
2. 04:04 73
3. 03:59 67
4. 04:01 64
5. 04:04 64
6. 04:17 Did last rep on way home and had to slow for trafffic but legs had already died Wink :duh:

The hamstring been alright today hence the session but just letting me know it is there now I am showered etc.

So, it has been hard squeezing these sessions into such a tight time frame due to circumstances explained in earlier post but manged to do the core elements required. pleased with my efforts and times for the pace development/interval work (except the last km tonight haha!)

looking forward to your feedback now you have all this data to look at TheEd!!

Bedtime for me.

Daz.
wow . you seem to have been 'through the mill' over the last week

recovery should start taking place, how is the hamstring, are you doing any exercises to assist your legs

your 1k session looked a pretty decent one, until the last Wink and it is good to see you find the 5.29 per k pace easy

if you balance yourself, take care of the hamstring, then you should get some improvement at the end of the cycle

take a read here: Recurrent Hamstring Injuries

http://www.time-to-run.com/injuries/hams...juries.htm

hopefully you can get some assistance from the article

TheEd
Thanks for the info. I am a keen advocate of stretching before and after runs, especially at my age! I have had a bit of support on my left knee and think this has triggered the hamstring as the slight discomfort is at the base behind the knee. It is a little tight today. Knees have been a little achy too. Recovery time into race weekend with lots of stretching as prescribed in your references should do the trick!

In a few weeks time I will be having a gait analysis and new running shoes to suit. Hoping this will resolve the knee issues.

Gentle jog tonight, rest/stretching tomorrow.

Darren.
Decided against a run yesterday and probably wont have one today either. Give this hamstring a bit of recovery. Will maybe do parkrun tomorrow but not push hard. Then get out for 45 easy on Sunday if feeling ok. Seems I have also picked up a headcold too. Nothing heavy but thoroughly inconvenient haha!
Had a bit of a rest over the weekend. hammy and knees feel much better.

21-05-15:
Time -55:32
Dist - 9.56km
Pace - 05:48 min/km

22-05-15
Time -31:07
Dist - 6.17km
Pace - 05:02 min/km

Tonight is the fartleks 3 x 5min race pace/1 min easy. Looking forward to it!

Daz.