Running Information Forums

Full Version: To race is but a dream...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Daz, you have summed it up really well regarding pacing

OK .. keep us informed about the niggle

hopefully the recovery is quick. Try ascertain as to what could have caused the niggle and then we can see what further treatment is necessary

onwards TheEd
Well the leg hasn't got any better this morning, it got a bit worse. I think a rolled across the muscle the wrong way sitting up to get out of bed yesterday morning. it's definately muscular. Applied painkilling heat rub to it last night. Don't know what else to do with it really other than not run! Can feel it when I walk most of the time.
At the moment I am predicting the rest of this cycle, including the race scheduled for Sunday to be a write-off. This is based on how it feels today ( slightly worse than yesterday) Will be sure to get in as much strength and conditioning work as possible while the leg settles. Meh.
Hi Daz, take a photo of the bad area and then post it here with the symptoms, and I shall see how I can assist

TheEd
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v4py91afjppo8...eb39a?dl=0

Hope that works OK. It’s surprisingly feeling a lot better today. Still a bit to go but did have trouble finding the tender spot when I took this picture. It was a lot spree to touch yesterday and was painful from the groin to down near the near. That has now gone and the tender spot was a lot more difficult to locate. It’s getting better but have been trying to take shorter steps when I have needed to move so not overly stretching the injured area.
Hi Daz, a very different place to get a tweak .. will look a little further into matters

good to hear it is also improving, I guess by now you know the value of icing

chat soon

TheEd
Yes its a very strange location, leading to suggest that it is either an abductor or the Gracilis. Much better today. I only felt it as I put my socks on this morning, which is the equivilent movement of bring your knee up to your chest to stretch.

Hi Daz, have you at any time maybe tweaked your groin, as this is more a footie type strain

here is a vid towards using taping .. I have used similar taping when playing footie last year and it does work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgQQ5pOB9a0

I will look a little more into how maybe the fatigue may have caused the tweak but happy to hear things improving

let us know how things progress

TheEd

I cannot pinpoint this injury back to anything specific. After the 5km paced on Sunday there was nothing out of the ordinary, which is why I think I did it getting out of be on Monday morning. I have not had any injuries in this location previously either, not done any other activities since the footgolf 4 weeks ago, not even been for a round of normal gold for about two weeks. Maybe I just just stretch thoroughly enough after the paced session on Sunday and I have been caught out. i will have a look into buying some tape. Having watched the video, at the start where he addresses the mid area of the inside thigh when talking about abductors - that is the spot! will look to see how i can build in some strength training in the future once fully recovered.

Thanks for the link.
Ok. Quick update. Just done a 6km, kept it flat, no ill effects. We are back in business. Obviously no racing tomorrow. LSR instead probably
Then I will have a look at what is coming up next and reset to go again! Usual data to follow.
Hi Daz, don't do too a long run, rather keep it short and happy so that you lessen the problem flaring up, after a few easy days things should be ready to go then and hopefulyy confidence restored

TheEd