Running Information Forums

Full Version: To race is but a dream...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Recovery run:

36mins
6.56km
5m 30s per km ave. pace
Heart rate 116 at finish
nice shady, be sure to focus on recovery now

after you have done the paced run / 5k event on saturday, we can see where you are with regards to doing the

sub 45 minute 10k program

bring on Saturday

TheEd
Recovery Run:

8.62km
49m04s
5.41 mpk

Easy does it 😊
you seem quite strong, with a few cycles on the program, you should definitely see an improvement

on we go

TheEd
Thank you TheEd! I have been surprised by this too. Had a good rest day yesterday, well no leg work, just some core and upper body strength work last night. Legs feel perfect this morning after rest yesterday and are bursting with energy today!

Back out again tonight for a longish easy. Maybe a 30 min easy tomorrow depending on how legs feel and into the 5km paced on Sat morning :great: From Saturday's results we can evaluate and decide what 10km programme to get on from Wednesday!

Re-lacing my running trainers really made a difference on the run on Tuesday night. They feel very secure on my feet now!!
Last nights run:

9.34km
45m14s
4.51 mpk

Too hard I know but was comfortable at finish. Lots more in the tank. It's just hard sometimes to hold back :taped:
Used the Parkrun this morning as my 5km time trial in order to determine traing plan leading into first competitive 10km in three weeks time:

Km
01: 3:50
02: 4:10
03: 4:10
04: 4:10
05: 4:28

20:48
Average pace 4m10s per km

I do not know where on earth this came from!!!! I'm still in shock that I was capable of this Big Grin ok. The first and last kms were shocking haha but look at 2,3 and 4!!

May go onto the sub 40 plan sprints and intervals and 22:30 paced fartleks and take it very easy around that... not quite sure yet.

Thoughts?

Daz.
stick to the sub 45 minute schedule to start

the intensity of the sub 40 minute 10k program can be worked towards

http://www.time-to-run.com/training/10k/sub45.htm

so if you find the 1st 3 week cycle more comfortable, you will then see how everything is working out without too much stress

what your thoughts on this?

TheEd
Hi TheEd,

I do not think I made myself clear in my last post. :duh:

I will be sticking to the sub 45 programme but would like to aim for slightly faster times on the 4 x 2km and 6 x 1km speedwork only. I do not want to push too hard too quickly but do not think the current times are going to push enough. I was thinking of reducing by 10 sec per interval or so. nothing too silly.

Daz
Sunday: Core/strength work, running rest day.
Monday: 9.27km, pace 4:54pkm, time 45.29.
Tuesday: 1x5mins @ 4:17pkm, 2x4mins @ 4:13pkm, 3x3mins @ 4:16pkm. All with 60s easy between.
Wednesday: Rest, could not get out due to other commitments.

Tonight 60 ish easy depending on club run route later.
Tomorrow: 4 x 2km R90 @ 4.20-4.25mpk .warm up and warm down easys.

Sub 45min 10k Programme starts in earnest from today!

Darren.