Running Information Forums

Full Version: Improving 10k with regular training
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Ed,

I tried the 'talk test' and worked fine at that pace. However, yesterday I had to run on a treadmill (I´m out of town in business) at the hotel´s gym. Since it was too hot (I´m in Rio and the ar-conditioned of the gym was broken) I ran at a slower pace.

So: Day 3 - 30 min easy run
Distance covered: 4,6k

Today I return to Sao Paulo and I don´t know if I´ll have time for tonight´s run.

Anyway, I´ll keep you posted.

tks,

MMS
Hi Ed,

So, I got stucked at the airport last night (wheather problems) and I missed my run yesterday.

So Day 4: 5k route
Missed Run

So, what should I next? Keep the schedule?

Tks,

MMS
simply go onto Day 5

unless it is a quality session in the future then we discuss how to balance things

for this time simply go on to the next day of exercise as though you had done the session

Cheers

TheEd
Ok! That's what I did yesterday.

Day 5: 30 min light
Distance covered: 5,1km

For today: Day 6 - Off :yes:

Get back tomorrow with the results of Day 7.

Have a nice weekend!

Tks,

MMS
Great stuff MMS

enjoy weekend

TheEd
Hi Ed,

Well, today the rain got me in the middle of the practice, so it was i bit difficult to run with all that water falling from the sky! :o:

Instead of 60 min, I ran 50 min.

Day 7: 50 min
Distance covered: 8,4Km.

Tomorrow: Rest

Tks

MMS
Hi Ed,

last monday I started Week 2 of the program. After a resting day (day 1) yesterday I was supposed to run 30-40 min. But unfortunately I had to travel and work until late, so I missed that run.

Today I expect to run. But I´m not comfortable with this missed runs now that I have a schedule to follow. :noway:

Anyway, I´ll keep you posted.

Tks

MMS
do not focus on the missed runs for now, you will get into a rhythm with time

onwards and forwards

TheEd
Hi Ed,

Here it´s the update of the last two days.

Wed: week 2, day 2 (40 min with last 10min slightly faster)
I tried to keep 6min/km during the first 30min and then around 5:45min/km the last 10 min.
Distance covered: 6,9Km

Thu: week 2, day 3 (30-40min light jog/run)
Also tried to keep around 6min/km.
Distance covered: 6,8Km in 40 minutes

Today: OFF

For tomorrow, I have a 5K at a pace I expect to run 10K. So, I´ll try to keep 5:10min/km cause I´ve done it before starting this training and felt ok.

What do you think? :mmm:

Tks

MMS

ps: Although it´s Carnival, I´ll do my best to keep the schedule!!! :jester:
What do I think

firstly you have too much sun and too many carnivals

especially while we have too much snow

Wink

however

the 5k paced run sounds good

enjoy the carnival

:yes: